[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you call the equivalent of a joke that's meant to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1465618038888.jpg (8KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1465618038888.jpg
8KB, 200x194px
What do you call the equivalent of a joke that's meant to be sad instead of funny? i.e. a short thing you say with a punchline except its just sad, not funny.

Surely this is a thing?
>>
Your life
>>
>>9255607
I think it's still called a joke.
>>
>>9255608

Fugg >:DD

>>9255607

In English we just have the term 'anti-joke'. Here is an opportunity to coin something really new.
>>
>>9255612

Anti-jokes are usually still funny: the formula is to take a well-known joke and instead of delivering the punchline, you end it with the opposite of what the audience expects, for example

>your moma's so fat... she will likely suffer with heart disease

Contrast this with a joke that is actually structured like a joke, that is, it has a punchline that people can laugh at, but there's also something sad about it.

>My boyfriend is into some really strange roleplay when we have sex. He always insists on pretending to be 14 years old.
>>
>>9255641
>>My boyfriend is into some really strange roleplay when we have sex. He always insists on pretending to be 14 years old.
Still a joke, basically it's making fun of dudes with weird fetishes (reality) by exaggeration
??
>>
>>9255641
That's neither sad nor joke-structured. It's just two factual sentences.
>>
A downer
>>
a Schumer.
>>
>She wasn't clear on what "club sody" was, but it was clear from his tone that this was a joke. Not the laugh-out-loud sort, but the commiserating sort.
I'd just call it a joke.
>>
>>9255646

i think it's supposed to mean the girl is underage and naive
>>
>>9255607
That's actually the meaning of Comedy
>>
Is standup /lit/?
>>
File: zzz.png (562KB, 840x455px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.png
562KB, 840x455px
>>9255899
only this guy
>>
>>9255607
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>Have you ever seen the movie "Carrie?" Where the high school elects a nerdy girl prom queen and then they dump a bucket of pig's blood on her? Similar thing happened at my high school, but instead of getting her revenge by killing all the bullies with telekinetic powers she just killed herself.

Made up this joke on the spot and told it to my friends. None of them thought it was funny.
>>
>>9256991
this is unironically hilarious
>>
>>9255607
an Amy Schumer joke
>>
>>9256991
Suicide is touchy. You really gotta know your audience with jokes like that. Generally, I wait until I have some sort of precedent for that kind of humor before I start using it in whatever company I'm in.

FWIW I thought it was good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.