[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The son of Solomon was Rehoboam, Abijah his son, Asa his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: MJu2FgV.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
MJu2FgV.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>The son of Solomon was Rehoboam, Abijah his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son, Jehoram his son, Ahaziah his son, Joash his son, Amaziah his son, Azariah his son, Jotham his son, Ahaz his son, Hezekiah his son, Manasseh his son, Amon his son, Josiah his son. The sons of Josiah: Johanan the firstborn, the second Jehoiakim, the third Zedekiah, the fourth Shallum. The descendants of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son; and the sons of Jeconiah, the captive: Shealtiel his son, Malchiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama and Nedabiah; and the sons of Pedaiah: Zerubbabel and Shimei; and the sons of Zerubbabel: Meshullam and Hananiah, and Shelomith was their sister; and Hashubah, Ohel, Berechiah, Hasadiah, and Jushab-hesed, five. The sons of Hananiah: Pelatiah and Jeshaiah, his son Rephaiah, his son Arnan, his son Obadiah, his son Shecaniah. he son of Shecaniah: Shemaiah. And the sons of Shemaiah: Hattush, Igal, Bariah, Neariah, and Shaphat, six. The sons of Neariah: Elioenai, Hizkiah, and Azrikam, three. The sons of Elioenai: Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah, and Anani, seven.

*skips a dozen pages ahead*

>Jeiel the father of Gibeon lived in Gibeon, and the name of his wife was Maacah. His firstborn son: Abdon, then Zur, Kish, Baal, Nadab, Gedor, Ahio, Zecher, and Mikloth (he fathered Shimeah). Ner was the father of Kish, Kish of Saul, Saul of Jonathan, Malchi-shua, Abinadab and Eshbaal; and the son of Jonathan was Merib-baal; and Merib-baal was the father of Micah. The sons of Micah: Pithon, Melech, Tarea, and Ahaz. Ahaz fathered Jehoaddah, and Jehoaddah fathered Alemeth, Azmaveth, and Zimri. Zimri fathered Moza. Moza fathered Binea; Raphah was his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son. Azel had six sons, and these are their names: Azrikam, Bocheru, Ishmael, Sheariah, Obadiah, and Hanan. All these were the sons of Azel. The sons of Eshek his brother: Ulam his firstborn, Jeush the second, and Eliphelet the third.
>>
>>9255486
Focus on reading Job and Paul, everyone should already know the Old Testament by now
>>
>>9255486
>actually reading through the begats
nigga skip that shit
>>
>>9255486
I actually found that easier going than
>and the front part thereof was three cubits, and it extended four cubits in breadth, and two was the number of cubits in height...
>>
lel why are jews so obsessed with lineage?

>muh ancestry

literal sandniggers
>>
>>9255489

>MAGICZ N SHIEEET
>>
>>9255530
If you read through it you get the fun of occasionally recognising a name though.
>>
It to name the star map, to navigate and read the season. That method gave birth to connect moral stories to the names so
A. Names were easier to remember
B. Keep attention from listeners
allowing passing desired moral law unto the community.

The moment these stories became 'historical facts' is all went to shit, resulting in a tool to rule the ignorant, a.k.a religion.
>>
File: lot.jpg (166KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
lot.jpg
166KB, 1200x899px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>9255941
Lot, acting like a trap
>>
>>9255926
God is obviously real. You are trying to salvage or glean some small amount of secularism in a growing religious online population
>>
>>9255563

One if the main advantages of a religion is to reinforce in group out group boundaries.

Lineages help people to know they will be remembered and give a group a common history and common lore known only to that group.
>>
>>9255926

t. fedora
>>
File: Jesus is just a meme.jpg (31KB, 301x421px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus is just a meme.jpg
31KB, 301x421px
>>9255969
>>
>>9255563

Because they are the seed of Abraham.

>>9255974

Also this.
>>
>>9255969

Secularism just means the affairs of Haven are different from the affirs of states within this world. Render unto Ceasars. Don't let fedora tippers distract from that orginal meaning.
>>
>>9255926

>Implying that a pathologically literal reading is the only method of study and thinking approach used by religious scholars and philosophers of religion.

>Implying that there are no sects which already treat it all metaphorically.
>>
>>9255486
>not understanding the lineages to see which group is destined to get fucked by OT God

Seeing him fuck over entire peoples is hilarious.
>>
>>9255486
>tfw you know the stories of at least 2/3 of this list
Skipping begats is a brainlet sign, bro. If you find that boring/hard/meaningless then you might want to grab an easier book
>>
I had considered skipping these kinds of chapters, but I decided against it for the fear of missing things. currently reading Job and haven't skipped a single chapter up to this point.
I wouldn't be able to say I have read the entire bible if I skipped things so there's that, I would feel like a casual pleb.
its not 'important' though so do whatever you want.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.