[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /lit/ overlook pic related? He's such a part of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: th.jpg (4KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4KB, 300x150px
Why does /lit/ overlook pic related?

He's such a part of American culture that he's almost dismissed as the Huckleberry Finn guy but he was an incredible writer. His lectures, the evolution of his work, Letters from the Earth, Joan of Arc...I feel like he's severely underappreciated on here.

Can we have a Sam Clemens general?
>>
>>9254955
He used an inappropriate term in one of his novels. And (((they))) got offended and pushed for his works to be either censored or removed from school entirely. And /lit/ are just (((they're))) puppets. Believing all the vitriol (((they))) spew out.

Every time you see a "/pol/" plz go response, (((they))) have won.
>>
>>9254977

You make the world worse by being alive.
>>
>>9254977
after puberty is done with you you're gonna look back on this and cringe so hard it's gonna feel like a heart attack
>>
>>9254993
>>9255000

I literally wrote this as bait.
Man I hate this place, reddit friends please leave.
>>
>>9254955
one of my all time favorite writers
>>
File: 1486448536035.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486448536035.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>9254955
> American culture
>>
>>9254955
Because he's not mainstream anymore, and /lit/ only cares about stuff that's popular
>>
>>9255000
>after puberty is done with you
>cringe so hard it's gonna feel like a heart attack
>>
>Sam Clemens
This makes me want to insult you.
>>
File: HouseChapel.jpg (88KB, 836x500px) Image search: [Google]
HouseChapel.jpg
88KB, 836x500px
His uncle's house is in the middle of the ghetto in St. Louis and is in a horrendous state of ruin.
>>
I really think he's not that great. He's funny and writes well, but he lacks genius and sincerity. If he weren't American, he wouldn't be all that famous. I can cite at least ten internationally unknown authors from my language who are, I think, very much superior to him.
>>
Read Puddnhead Wilson, it's not very good. Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn are though. But yeah, muh n word, what ya gonna do?
>>
>>9255012
there is nothing clever about any of it though, it's just another bad post in a sea of bad posts. Instead of spamming the place with garbage would it be so wrong to engender genuine discussion? you're quick to cynically fling shit but balk when anon confronts you, so it's clear you don't even get enjoyment out of it. wouldn't it feel a whole lot better to talk about your genuine thoughts and feelings for once instead of bringing yourself and everyone around you down with your nihilistic fixation on irony?
>>
>>9254955
I liked The Mysterious Stranger. The ending is a real sledgehammer
>>
He's GOAT. How are his short stories? I bought a collection of them and plan on reading them soon.
>>
>>9255433
It's a shame he died before finishing TMS. The version that was published omitted a lot of what was in the manuscripts. The ending was taken from another version in which it has a completely different tone.
>>
>>9255251
or maybe you just missed his genius and sincerity?
>>
>>9254955
I love Huckleberry Finn. The word nigger appears 219 times in a 360 page book.
Genius
>>
I don't see why anyone cares about having the word nigger in your books. Niggers don't read. The niggers that do read usually read urban romance novels or afrocentric revisionist history.
>>
>>9255338
this should be an open letter to all of 4chan
>>
File: 1488143374888.jpg (28KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
1488143374888.jpg
28KB, 450x319px
>>9256377
this
a nigger can't even read lmao
dem silly niggers, don't god love them?
>>
>Twain thread
>most of the posts are about "nigger"

You're just as a obsessed as the people you hate.
>>
>>9255338
You're tossing even more shit on the fire by responding, as am I by responding to you.
>>
>>9255251
Huckleberry Finn is among the most sincere and genius works of American fiction, homie
>>
File: badass.jpg (142KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
badass.jpg
142KB, 1200x1200px
Ignoring muh hate speech for a minute, has anyone else read Joan of Arc? I was surprised by how serious it seemed, especially after reading Innocents Abroad. I think he was a little bit obsessed with her.
tbqh Twain made me kind of a fanboy for Joan
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.