[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >meeting up with a female acquaintance >she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mfw.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
13KB, 640x712px
>be me
>meeting up with a female acquaintance
>she invites her friend from the south of england
>before I even sit down, he begins talking about his time at Oxford "university"
>gloats that he now has job in the publishing industry earning 30k a year
>has a smug expression on his face throughout his entire set of diatribes and uneventful anecdotes
>as he's laughing and about to take a sip of his ""gin"" I speak up
>the expression of laughter on his face disappears
>"So you spent 4 (four) years of your life earning a degree in something you could have learned at home?"
>*spills some of his drink as he's putting the glass on the table*
>"How much debt have you incurred...10s (tens) of thousands?"
>*visibly begins to shake almost spilling the remaining gin in his mouth*
>"You know, you could have just spent that time at home with a regular job, saving up money and writing in your free time developing a portfolio or even writing occasional essays, articles or even a book to be sent into a publishing house or newspaper..."
>*sweat begins dripping from his face and he literally begins to shake*
>"I mean, it doesn't really make sense to go to University in this day and age, and you're boasting about it too, how embarrassing. What did you get out of it? A piece of paper that says this guy can hand in cliché essays and 10s (tens) of thousands in debt."
>*his face turns red and he grabs his chest as though he's just had a heart attack*
>"You really think in the future, you'll be of more worth to say, some guy who spent 4 (four) years of his life developing his writing, handing stuff in and developing a concrete portfolio, perhaps even wrote a book?"
>*goes into a state of paralysis and falls onto the ground*
>"Seems to me like you just waited 4 (four) years of your life and gotten into a massive amount of debt and stress for nothing."
>*dies there on the floor*
>"Oh well."
>go to the bank to deposit my royalties check
>mfw
>>
>>9247827
Are you Tao Lin?
>>
>>9247827
Were they at all confused by your saying every number twice?
>>
>>9247844
No, I am self-taught.
>>
>not being born into wealth so you can get an elite education while going 0 (zero) dollars in debt
Nothin' personnel, plebs.
>>
>>9247903
>boasting about wasting your time

Laughed for 10 (ten) minutes straight.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>9247926
>tfw to intelligent too go to an elite university
>>
>>9247895
Tao Lin was self-taught, in a way... in a word... you see?
>>
>>9247973
No, I mean my name is Self-taught.
>>
this post made me release 100000000s (hundreds of millions) of sperm cells
>>
>>9247955
tfw
>>
good thread
>>
>>9247827
If he went to Oxford he got a free pass to do anything he wants though. A lot better than being some neet in a basement writing every day and trying to convince himself that he'll succeed on merit alone.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.