[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don Dildidlledildo is the greatest author of the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Players_(novel)_coverart.jpg (20KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
Players_(novel)_coverart.jpg
20KB, 220x330px
>Don Dildidlledildo is the greatest author of the last 50 years.

Discuss
>>
>>9246335
Objectively wrong, seeing as I exist
>>
>>9246337
Look, he did it again, the absolute madman!!!!
>>
>>9246335
true fact though
WHITE NOISE
WHITE MOTHERFUCKING NOISE, MOTHERFUCKS
>>
>>9246335
I've read White Noise, Cosmopolis, and Underworld, in that order. Where to next? I didn't care for Underworld too much but I really liked White Noise.
>>
Anyone read Zero-K? How is it?

Last book of DeLillo's I read was Libra, which while good, was done better by Ellroy with American Tabloid. White Noise and Underworld are amazing though.
>>
>>9246335
That's not joseph mcelroy
>>
What is DeLillo's prose like and where do I start with him?
>>
>>9246783
Compared to the meme-trilogy its very subdued and ostensibly simple.
>>
>>9246685
Mao II, my dude. Libra is one of his best so cap it with that.
>>
>>9246335
Can't argue with that. I'm thinking of picking up Ratner's Star. Convince me out of it.
>>9246783
Imagine Pynchon's themes except none of the goofs and gags.
>>
File: 1487129684966.jpg (19KB, 673x693px) Image search: [Google]
1487129684966.jpg
19KB, 673x693px
>>9246808
I've read good things about both. I'll check them out. Thanks.
>>
>>9246731
Im going to be reading American tabloid soon. I thought it was just your typical thriller, interesting to see it can be compared to delilllo
>>
>>9246731
>was done better by Ellroy with American Tabloid

Nah, I love me some Ellroy but American Tabloid is not better than Libra. Also, Cold Six Thousand is better than American Tabloid.

>>9246852
Ellroy is a big fan of Libra. Read both. They do different things. Libra is focused on Oswald. American Tabloid doesn't mention Oswald ever. Read both and then read The Cold Six Thousand.
>>
DeLillo would say that ranking authors is a symptom of contemporary hysteria
>>
Might be time to reread White Noise, it must be able a decade since I last read it.
>>
>>9246731
I liked Zero K, but it was one of his most image reliant books, it's abstract but not as much as his shorter books Point Omega and The Body Artist. It was good though, you should read it, bot that long.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.