[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>during my student years I would read and write every day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: weary-kenny-chaffin.jpg (166KB, 896x900px) Image search: [Google]
weary-kenny-chaffin.jpg
166KB, 896x900px
>during my student years I would read and write every day
>would get pleasure tingles from it
>now I am full-time employed
>can't get into a book, can't muster the energy to write
>was always insecure about my financial stability
>now I am well paid and miserable
>>
I'm going through something similar at the moment, OP.

>When I'm at work, I keep working on this story in my mind.
>I keep telling myself to work on various projects when I get home.
>Tell myself to pick up drawing and writing again. (Not that I was ever any good, mind you. I was just happiest when I was focusing on my hobbies.)

>Now, I come home and just stare at the blinking cursor.
>I put a pencil to paper and can't seem to process the words that came to me so easily when I thought about them at work.
>>
hm, its almost as if money doesnt make you any happier than you already are
>>
I work from 7.30 until 4. I read a lot. My mother cooks from me however but i still have ample time for a girlfriend, a very active social life and a lot of reading. Usually a book from mon-Fri with no reading on the weekend

I will agree with writing. You need a lot of free time to write anything but short stories or poems. But I think full time work kills a bit of your poem writing skills
>>
>>9245993

Yes, pretty much exactly this. Ideas come to me vivid and flowering when I'm at work, and then vanish when I finally get home and try to make them materialize. I pick up my copy of Poe's collected works and stare at it until I end up browsing /lit/ on my phone instead.

It's given me a new understanding of Seneca's thoughts on time and the shortness of life, I'll say that much.
>>
This thread is making me happy because you're all my competition and lazy as fuck
>>
>>9246023
I'm not at all. Work gives me inspiration to read and write. I usually do nothing literary on the weekends
>>
>>9246020
That's it.

I'm just going to turn my computer off completely. I'm going to sit in my kitchen, put pen to paper and write. Write anything. Just to make sure another day doesn't pass without another word written.
>>
Is it normal to be dying of boredom at your wagecuck job and telling yourself that you'll work hard on those side projects and take advantage of your large amount of free time when you get home and feeling smug because you're so much better than all the sheeple around you but then later procrastinating by eating junk food (as comfort food) and browsing the internet mindlessly, telling yourself that your real life starts tomorrow, and this goes on for hundreds of days in a row with the false confidence becoming a daily occurrence?
>>
>>9246232

You just described most people, so yes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.