[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been thinking about creating an alien race for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170314-135742.png (308KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170314-135742.png
308KB, 480x800px
So, I've been thinking about creating an alien race for a story I'm writing, but I hit writer's block. Here's some info about it: The story stars Cerzeen, a military veteran of the mistidian race, honorably discharged after him and his platoon were ambushed by terrorists. But his work isn't done yet....

I just need a motive as to why he's back after the same terrorist group he's shot at before.
>>
>>9245771
You mean the reason to be reintegrated or Cerzeen's? Because he can totally be reintegrated if the terrorists have to be dealt with in secret (the daughter of a general is part of such group).

Sometimes I wish I could write a novel, I think about at least one good story each day but never do anything, what a waste.
>>
>>9245790
I know that I want him to chase after that same group, but the motive is what I lack here.
>>
>>9245800
You mean as a lone wolf, as in its own? Sometimes the bes motive is no motive at all. You could give your main character a clue on which these terrorists next plan are going to be and put him to a thriller. Maybe give him a personal motive if you want to put an emotion of revenge (you seem like you want to anyway), make the terrorists kill a personal friend, close relative, yada yada. If you go for the friend, maybe you can make him a colleague which Cerzeen has flashbacks on his past wars, or his tutor, etc.
>>
>>9245840
I had planned for his brother named Di'Enti (Wild Card) to hole up with the same people.
>>
>>9245771
why the fuck didn't you just save this picture?
>>
>>9245851
If this race has an intricate cultural system you can make it Cerzeen's act to fulfil a funerary ritual to appease the spirit of his brother, or just make him promise to his parents revenge after the funeral.

Good luck.
>>
File: brain.png (645KB, 670x997px) Image search: [Google]
brain.png
645KB, 670x997px
>>9245790
>Sometimes I wish I could write a novel, I think about at least one good story each day but never do anything, what a waste.
>>
>>9245874
I do finish some stories, then I write more in the same universe. After a time I kind of got down by the fact they wont be published because I don't fucking know anything on how to do that, so I've dropped writing. But can't stop thinking stories thou.
>>
>>9245771
why do the aliens have a military, or even terrorists? are they primates, reptiles or something else completely?
>>
>>9245963
Their race system is mixed. The members there are from many corners of the universe, running an experiment called "The Unity Project", an experiment that plans to genetically engineer the perfect race out of every species they can find that's advanced enough.
>>
>military sci-fi

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>9246858
Nice. A couple stories that deal with similar ideas take the federation approach, where transgenesis is often inserted as a caste system. I don't think this is necessary, you can very well design a back story where this culture can fit a single uniting transcendental organic form. Of course the back story is important, but not necessary needs a long explanation.
>>
>>9245771
Uh senpai "the main character's motivation" is kinda the core of your entire story

It's the kind of thing you should be focusing on first. Which YOU should be focusing on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.