[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dante titles his masterpiece "Commedia" >Boccaccio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: saddante.jpg (118KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
saddante.jpg
118KB, 900x750px
>Dante titles his masterpiece "Commedia"
>Boccaccio calls it "La Divina Commedia"
>goes down in history with Boccaccio's title

WTF
>>
Commedia was too generic
>>
>>9244559
it's cuzza that goofy fucking hat.
>>
it goes like it because it became a very popular attribution - and remember that titles for written operas were something really not important at the time. most latin poetry didn't have titles, not to mantion shakespear's sonnettos which went by number
>>
>>9244559
Why did he call it the comedy in the first place
I know there are jokes throughout it but I didn't detect a hint of irony in the whole book
Was it meta blasphemy irony
>>
>>9244820
"Comedy" in Medieval literature just meant that it had a happy ending
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 747x813px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 747x813px
>>9244820
>>9244823
>>
>>9244820

Your reading would greatly benefit from Aristotle's Poetics, friend.
>>
>>9244820
Comedy means it has a happy ending you fucking retarded NIGGER. Seriously? Are you that fucking dumb? Kill yourself. KILL YOURSELF. KILL YOU'RE SELF YOU RETARDED IDIOT GAY ASS HONKY. Da fuck... Back to r*ddit you piece of horseshit. Your mom should've had an abortion. Faggot. You're so stupid that you disappointed your mother. When the doctors saw her come in for birth they slapped her because the doctors were psychics and saw that you'd grow up to be a stupid fucking cis, white male. Dumb troll. Jump off a bridge into the ocean.
>>
>>9244820
>Was it meta blasphemy irony

kek
>>
>>9244559
why was he always so bummed, bros?
>>
>>9244820
I knew that he called it like that because Aristotle said that the difference between tragedy and comedy was that, while in tragedies the protagonist is superior to the rest ( Heroes, Kings, or just some smart dude), in comedies the protagonist is a normal person or someone inferior to the rest. Dante himself is the protagonist of the book, he tought he wasn't superior to others so he just called it Comedy.
>>
>>9244873
get therapy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.