[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realize that virtue is just the continuation of aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1458586288630.jpg (16KB, 267x320px) Image search: [Google]
1458586288630.jpg
16KB, 267x320px
>yfw you realize that virtue is just the continuation of aesthetics in the moral plane
>>
*thok* noice
>>
File: IMG_2631.jpg (12KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2631.jpg
12KB, 202x249px
>be goethe
>been there
>done that
>>
>>9244346
nice thought anon, gave me the feels just reading that

/lit/ is a cool place
>>
That's exactly why I like it.
>>
>>9245108
I agree, 'non :)
>>
>>9244346
yep. crazy how those butt fucking ancients managed to tie everything together so coherently
>>
>>9244346
Is that supposed to be a cop out for doing something shitty?
>>
>>9244346
>morality
>aesthetic
>>
>>9245686
How is being beautiful on the inside ever considered ugly on the outside?
Plz enlightmen me anon.
>>
>>9245690
I was hoping you would enlighten me
>>
>>9245690
Flannery O'Connor can give you several examples
>>
>>9245666
buttfucking is the secret to wisdom pleb
>>
>>9245666
thems satanic trips
>>
I think Kierkegaard said something like this, too...
>>
NO

BAD
>>
>>9244346
That's not a nice thought, because it reduces the important of morals down to cheap soul food. Fuck you.
>>
>>9245930
Then tell us the import of morals.
>>
>>9245943
Nigga if I knew that I wouldn't be working at Wendy's
>>
>>9245930
I don't know, I consider virtue to be one of the most important pivotal points in my life, and I still find OP's idea interesting. Maybe it would be degrading the value of virtues if we're only sticking to the ancient Greek's definition, but by Kierkegaard's definition, it makes a lot of sense. He never claimed the aesthetic life to be necessarily lower than the moral, or the moral lower than the spiritual. They are continuations of each other, modes of living that have different pros and cons but are still valid as long as one holds themselves to it completely.
>>
>>9244346
Exactly. Morality is expedience and thoughtfulness dictated upon context. There is nothing inherently wrong about anal sex just seldom a natural situation that would beg such a measure without violating the creative apparition of another. Dissociate yourself from your own perception and you're left with a fable.
>>
>>9244346
what if someone found degeneracy aesthetic? And by extension degeneracy itself a continuation of the moral plane?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.