[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in books about the sense of beauty. It could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 6nn.jpg (112KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
6nn.jpg
112KB, 1280x960px
I'm interested in books about the sense of beauty. It could be a philosophical work, or fiction, or non-fiction investigation. I personally consider aesthetics to be at the core of all human decisions so I'd like to know more about the subject. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9243823
aristotle poetics
>>
The Selfie of Dorian Gray
>>
Start with art history.
>>
Only a Promise of Happiness: The Place of Beauty in a World of Art
>>
>>9243832
>>9243852
Thanks, I've read Poetics though. Just to clarify, I'm not interested in just visual or 'high' arts, but the perception of pretty vs gross in general.
>>
That sculpture really is a piece of garbage.
>>
>>9243896
Is it even real? It looks like cgi or something.
>>
File: le sweet literature grandpa.jpg (112KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
le sweet literature grandpa.jpg
112KB, 1200x800px
>>9243823
Start with him.
>>
File: cover.jpg (382KB, 655x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
382KB, 655x1000px
>>9243823
>>
>>9243823
Is this a screenshot from a video game? If this piece of art really exists, I am going to jump out of one of my windows.
>>
>>9243823
Read Kant, then Bourdieu, then Schiller.
>>
>>9243903
>>9244310
it looks shopped, you can tell by looking at some of the pixels
>>
>>9243871
Hegel Intro Lectures Aesthetics
>>
>>9243823
Burke's philosophical enquiry into the beautiful and the sublime is important and oretty accessible.
>>
>>9244310
>>9243896
If feel like this sculpture is really wrong too but i can't tell why precisely
Why makes it so trash ? Is it too vulgar ? Is it the face that looks like a modern top model ?
>>
>>9244372
the parts about the sublime were great but the work in general is sloppy or just plain outdated, like when he says taste is just water, oil, or salt. like nigga what? this nigga really never had umami?
>>
>>9244573
It looks like a basement-dwelling 3D-modeller's idea of what the perfect woman looks like. Also has a hint of Japanese cartoonist's conceptions of western women. The breasts look like they would have implants. The lips too pouty and whorish. The haircut too modern. All made not to resemble classical art enough for it to be convincing in any way. It really is uncanny on many levels.
>>
schiller's aesthetical essays - there's a free ebook on apple iBooks
>>
>>9244573
>>9244620
>>9244310
>>9243896
It is a 3D render. How can you not see that?
>>
>>9244634
I could see that, i was just wondering what made it so disgusting aestheticly speaking and >>9244620
answer is on point i think

Back to op's topic did Roger Scruton ever write somehing about that or is he just a meme ?
>>
>>9244634
Stop screeching. We know that it is a 3D model.
>>
The Temple Of The Golden Pavilion
>>
The World as Will and Representation
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.