[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw this is the most liked """review"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>mfw this is the most liked """review""" on goodreads

makes me want to puke
>>
>>9242847
Sócrates is going on trial in a few days
>>
Why is the idea of Perfect Justice presumptive?
>>
Platonism is objectively the most corrosive and counter-productive idea ever intoduced to human race
>>
It's just a shitty joke that panders perfectly to the goodreads crowd. Don't take it at face value.
>>
>>9242869
Because the reviewer, like most pseudo-intellectuals and raging mediocrities, hold something similar to a naive anti-realism and/or relativism, so the idea of an objective ideal form of Justice is wildly suspicious to them.
>>
>>9242869
does it incorporate the idea that every case is different? because if not, that's how you get cutting people's hands off for stealing bread.
>>
>>9242847
He's right, though...
>>
>>9242847
>Portal avatar

Hmmm....
>>
>>9242898
Platonism is singlehandedly the most useful idea in art.

>>9242869
Because Socrates was talking with sophists, which pretended to have things such as perfect justice completely figured out in neat, ordered systems.
Every modern man would find those systems nonsense and side with Socrates on these debates.
>>
>*CRASH* Plato is stupid - Brenddit 2007
>>
>>9242911
No one said Perfect Justice exists in any court of law, simply that the idea is real and that theoretically it can exist. There is in theory a perfect way to dish out justice
>>
>>9243032
That implies all injustices are neat and clear-cut. That's simply false. I understand wanting that, but people are messy. Perfect justice is like communism: sounds good on paper, but falls apart the second you introduce the human variable.
>>
Western civilization absolutely BTFO......Damn....Dead white males can't recover from this.....Donald Trump just got stumped....Oprah 2020....
>>
imbecile
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.