[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what motivates you to write? I used to want to write to "entertain"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: johannes tauler.jpg (38KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
johannes tauler.jpg
38KB, 240x240px
what motivates you to write? I used to want to write to "entertain" an audience and also "show off" my skills in the process and gain a rep. But now I feel like everything that needs to be written already has, there's really not much to say or do.

And there's already plenty of 'entertaining' lit out there.
>>
I like writing.
>>
>>9241860

what do you like about it?
I really dislike editing and writing dialogue also.
>>
>>9241860
Only good answer desu
>>
>>9241862
Why would "I like writing because I like ... " be any more accurate an answer than "I like writing"? It's still simply a statement of preference.
>>
I've read many musicians say the reason they got into music was because they wanted to hear stuff that wasn't being played on the radio. That same principle is my motivation for writing.
>>
>>9241860
This is the only motivation that matters to skilled writers.

Not that everyone who likes to write is skilled, but you'll only develop technique if you enjoy writing to the point that you'll fight through the feeling of despair at having written cringey shit.
>>
Nothing, hence I don't write. But I would strongly disagree on your notion of
>everything that needs to be written already has
What a silly thing to say. I feel like humans didn't even begin to scratch the potential of literary storytelling.
>>
I want to be paid to write books for a living.

I want people to like my stories. No, I don't think I have it in me to create something that has never been even considered before. I mean, it's possible, but I'm not banking on that one-in-a-million idea ever coming to me.

I just like to tell stories. I'd like other people besides me and my immediate family to read them. And yes, I want to be paid for my efforts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.