[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's Shakespeare's best play, outside of the High

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

What's Shakespeare's best play, outside of the High School Trilogy (Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth)
>>
First of all
>>
>>9241695
Hamlet isn't as tied to high school as some of his other plays, IMO. A Midsummer's Nights Dream would be a better shout.

In any case: King Lear, although I prefer Othello. But even I must admit that BBC husbandos are only part of what makes a great work.
>>
>>9241695
Coriolanus
>>
titus andronicus - if ur an edgelord
the tempest - if ur a dork
merchant of venice - if ur a pretty bitch
>>
>>9241749
>>9241775
>>9241788

Wrong fuckos, it's The Winter's Tale

Thanks for trying either way
>>
>>9241788
winter's tale - if ur an isolated cryboy
>>
>>9241814

Now see here
>>
>>9241695
>>9241788

I love Titus Andronicus, fuck you. It's a hilarious play. Read it as a dark comedy. Also, Aaron is one of the best Shakespearean characters. I hate how he is constantly glanced over, or seen as a racist character.

>>9241775
Coriolanus is a solid pick as well.

>>9241749
Hamlet was the usual for my high school, but they opted for Macbeth in my year. I've never seen Midsummer's for High School curriculum, aside from Dead Poet's Society.
>>
How good are Julius Caesar and The Tempest?
I'll read them for the first time in 1 day from now, the hype is real.
>>
>>9241957
of course you love it. ur an edgelord
>>
>>9241695
Faste & the Furiouse 6
>>
>>9241973
Two of my favorites, along with Othello, king Lear and Antony & Cleopatra
>>
>>9241973
The Tempest is magnificent and my absolute favorite Shakespeare. It threw into context for me all of his other plays that I've read, especially the comedies. I absolutely weep when I read it.
>>
>>9241973
JC is a really boring let down in my opinion. A&C is better.

RIII is my favorite next to Hamlet.
>>
Lear
Henry IV part one
Twelfth Night
>>
>>9242014
Twelfth Night is a good pick
>>
>>9242020
Harold Bloom likes to claim that As You Like It is Shakespeare's most entertaining play. Bloom is objectively wrong. Twelfth Night is the correct answer.
>>
>>9241695
Coriolanus
>>
Patrician Taste: The Tempest
>>
>>9242058
Obviously anything with falstaf, tempest is trash caliban doesn't know if he is evil or funny
>>
If Mercutio and Jacques had a son: Richard ll. This, and the three that follow.
>>
File: 1486738981822.jpg (15KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1486738981822.jpg
15KB, 474x474px
I didn't really like The Tempest when I first read it, should I try again? I do like Shakespeare, it's possible I was just kinda distracted when I first read it years ago
>>
>>9242172
of course
its really weird considering what his other more well-known plays are. its worth noting it often isnt categorized in any of the major three genre
>>
>>9242172
No its pretty mediocre
>>
I've only read like ten, but Tymon of Athens and King Lear were my favourites so far. I started with the Greeks so it's nice to see Plutarch's influence in his writings.
>>
Now what are his worst? Haven't read him, but i want to know what to avoid
>>
>>9242550
Two gentlemen of Verona
>>
File: shaeks.png (443KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
shaeks.png
443KB, 500x618px
>>9242058
As You Like It is more enjoyable than Twelfth Night. I would rate Comedy of Errors higher than both.

Also, for the real Shakespeare lover: http://imgur.com/KQQCALu
>>
>>9242550
Titus Andronicus - edgelordy
Merry Wives of Windsor - rushed
Timon of Athens, The Two Noble Kinsmen, Pericles - only partly written by Shakespeare
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.