[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>J.K. Rowling confirms her new book will be titled Lethal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 7

>J.K. Rowling confirms her new book will be titled Lethal White

>The Cormoran Strike crime novels, written under Rowling's pseudonym Robert Galbraith, follow a private investigator and his assistant.

Why are modern authors so terrible?
>>
>>9237426
>JK Rowlin
>author
>>
>>9237426

>Crime fiction
Could there be a more tacky and gimmicky genre?
>>
>>9237426
WE
>>
Fuck white people.
>>
>>9237426

Someone should kill Rowling, that would make her work better.
>>
When is she going to open up her house to needy refugees?
>>
___ people commit ___ percent of the crimes despite only making up _____ of the population.
>>
mayocide when
>>
>>9237426
>Lethal White

Yeah that doesn't sound racist at all.
>>
>>9237426
There have always been bad writers. They just get a lot of attention compared to the good ones.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/8/22/1323898/--But-What-about-Black-on-Black-Crime-is-not-a-valid-answer-to-Ferguson-or-Anything
>>
Internet was a mistake.
>>
>>9237501
>Internet was a mistake.
twitter was a mistake.
ftfy
>>
>>9237501

Internet was fine, social media is the biggest mistake or mobile phones. Voltaire said something about how things immediately go to shit if the public get in on it and he's 100% right.
>>
>>9237481
>When is she going to open up her house to needy refugees?
Her very large house, you might observe. She has the money, space, and time.
She's just selfish.
>>
>>9237437
Gay romance novels?
>>
>>9237517
It all went downhill with the iPhone. Before that, very few people were connected to current issues and retards weren't given a say. Now with twitter and social media, every faggot has a say and acts like their opinion matters.
>>
>>9237494
>implying it's not going to be about cocaine or or a mysterious fungus or something
>>
>>9237564
>he fell for the elitist meme
>>
>>9237606
You would have a point if we were not talking about J.K.Rowling. Of course it's going to be full of liberal propaganda
>>
>>9237564
Just Walk Away From The Screen Nigga
>>
>>9237606
>>9237635
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro
Students are presented with enchanted robes when they arrive, which grow in size as they do, and which gradually change colour as the learning of their wearer increases, beginning a faint pink colour and becoming (if top grades are achieved in every magical subject) gold.

If the robes turn white, this is an indication that the student has betrayed the Japanese wizard's code and adopted illegal practices (which in Europe we call 'Dark' magic) or broken the International Statute of Secrecy.

To 'turn white' is a terrible disgrace, which results in instant expulsion from the school and trial at the Japanese Ministry for Magic.
>>
>>9237485
wtf? i hate ___ people now
>>
>>9237652
Harry Potter really was just her hitting the right notes at the right time, huh
>>
>>9237682
it's better to be lucky than talented
>>
Jk Rowling is in no way indicative of "modern authors"
>>
>>9237652
That sounds like absolute garbage. Looks like she's trying to capture the weeb audience now too. I'm sure that her picking white to signify criminal activity, and disgrace, isn't just a coincidence
>>
>>9237652
>mahoutokoro
???
That
Fucking
Name.
>>
>>9237693
cuz it's the opposite of black, probably.
>>
It saddens me Rowling is more well known than the likes of DFW or Don Delililo.
>>
>>9237706
DFW is pretty well known though.
>>
>>9237706
>blonde blue eyed white liberal female
Of course she's more well known.
>>
>>9237426
Reminder that Hogwarts is built on a foundation of house-elf slavery, and when Hermione objects to that fact the narrative simply mocks her with "SPEW" jokes before moving on, never to address the issue again.
>>
>>9237728
Didn't they end that in the final book after Harry buried Dobby?
>>
>>9237766
>the final book
I really don't want to think back on that train-wreck, but you might be right
>>
idk having the gdp of a small island nation in your bank account and knocking out comfy detective novels at your leisure sounds like the fucking dream to me
>>
File: hfgg.png (184KB, 749x463px) Image search: [Google]
hfgg.png
184KB, 749x463px
>>9237728
>>
my mum reads her Robert Galbraith novels

my mum's fucking plebian and knows it
>>
Oh boy, I can't wait. I'm screaming like a little girl write now.
>>
>>9237788
hygge gg
>>
>>9237788
Something about detective novels are kinda comfy
>>
>>9237788
>tfw you hoard the wealth of a small island nation and still claim to be progressive/care about working people
>>
>>9237869
when has she claimed to care about working people? she only gives a shit about women, blacks and muslims
>>
Books about my cum choking her to death lads
>>
>>9237881
that was her entire fall back when she started complaining about Jeremy Corbyn like the braindead liberal she is. It was a literal billionaire talking down to working class people about what's best for them. People like Rowling deserve to be executed
>>
>>9237788
Yep. Her neighbor is (top-selling Scottish detective crime novelist) Ian Rankin (who I've met, oddly). She basically decided to give it a shot because she liked his stuff (or to piss him off by outselling him, or something). I'm jealous of anyone who's independently wealthy, regardless of what they write. She's no worse than most best-selling authors.
>>
In 2012, Rowling became the first person to fall off the Forbes list of billionaires because of charitable giving. She had given away an estimated $160 million to charity, what amounts to 16% of her net worth. I'd stick to bitching about her writing. She's sure as hell doing her part for the less fortunate.
>>
>>9237630
theres absolutely nothing wrong with elitism.
>>
>>9238027
can you give sources on where she is donating
donating to?
The Clinton Foundation may count as "donating to charity" but it sure as hell is not to help the less fortunate
>>
>>9238027
Lol, you serious mate?
>>
>>9238027
>Rowling became the first person to fall off the Forbes list of billionaires because of charitable giving.
False.
>>
>>9238062
Because you're a better judge than Forbes?Your Clinton Foundation crack destroys any shred of dignity you had.
>>
>>9238085
The "first person" MAY be inaccurate: Jon Huntsman Sr. was reported to have fallen of the list in 2010. But that's A) not verified by Forbes and B) not important. Who gives a shit if she happened to be the first to have that happen? The facts about Rowling's actions are accurate (of course British tax rates played a role).
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emjd45jd/j-k-rowling/#16295ee26825
>>
>>9238107
Nice backpedaling, son. They also say in your article that it's combined with Britain's high taxes that bumped her off.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0606/focus-jon-huntsman-buffett-gates-charity-in-one-pocket-out-other.html
>>
>>9237481
>>9237518

I'm surprised that there are people so unself-conscious that they don't know how petty and poorly reasoned that whole argument is.
>>
>>9238176
*self-unconscious
>>
>>9238196
wrong again shithead
>>
>>9237437
YA fantasy
>>
>Lethal White

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>9238244
White people are guilty merely by existing.
>>
>author of YA novels is milking every drop of her commercially successful franchise
I don't get why /lit/ likes to shitpost about how bad she is and how she continues to exploit her universe considering only a fool would be impressed by her actions. She's just doing what any other author on her position would do. Damn, I would even go as far as say that you guys wouldn't think it twice confronted with a huge stack of money for writing some shitty universe for manchilds and tumblrettes.

Perhaps the only reason you get so mad with her is because you think you would stop after you get the money so you can do what you "really want to do". Guess what, you probably would change after such an experience and would continue to exploit your shitty novel despite feeling dead inside because this sort of people receive such amounts of praise (undeserved and from plebs who haven't read a single good novel, but praise nonetheless) that they just can't stop. What makes you think you're so special that you would overcome such temptations and actually pursue your dreams? There's no warranty of that.

It's not like there's any space in the current literary canon for something groundbreaking or profound. There's perhaps the biggest book market in the entire human history right now, but most of it it's crap that tries to emulates the experience of watching a TV show or tells a "moving story about someone who did something amazing" with overhyped critiques and comments from other "important authors". I'm no way a cynic, just a realist (though t b h that's exactly what a cynic would say), and when I see you guys complaining so god damn much about fucking JK Rowling, a hack that most likely will be forgotten in 30 years so it will be replaced with the new hot shit, I just see your own immaturity to confront the current state of literature.
>>
>>9237426
>modern
You mean CONTEMPORARY
>>
>>9238227
Underrated post.
>>
>>9238267
It's got nothing to do with her writing and everything to do with her character.
>>
>>9238176
Why? She personally is in a much better position to help refugees than the average person. If she feels so strongly about it why doesn't she take some in?
She's advocating for them to be allowed in, but is that only on condition that they get sent to other people neighborhoods?
>>
>>9238313
She did her part, she used her influence as a celebrity to support justice and humanity for these poor souls

What have you don?
>>
>>9238321
She did her part on the assumption that she personally would never be personally inconvenienced by it.
>>
>>9238328
She gets hate on twitter from racists all day evey day. Imagine getting 900 tweets a day calling you names and making weirdly specific death threats towards you and your children.

Is that not an inconvenience?
>>
>>9238340
Not as big an inconvenience as has been put upon all those who now have to deal burgeoning massive criminality from refugees who are poor and have nothing to do all day.
>>
>>9238350
So everyone must be exactly equal? That sounds like communism
>>
>>9238359
No, it's everyone must follow the golden rule: Do not advocate for accepting massive amounts of refugees unless you are willing to personally care for some.
>>
>writes fantasy series about white wizards
>sjw ideology reaches peak on twitter
>like did you guys know that my books were full of gays, blacks, and jews? I didn't actually make it a point to write them in but they were totally within my imaginations of my fantasy world even though I never gave them any due. Yaaaasssss progressiveness! Slay! Fugees welcome
>>
>>9238340

Hahaha nigga just close your eyes.jpg
>>
>>9238328
>she spent 160 million to help people
>Oh yeah? If she wanted to really help people, she'd live in the slums! She's a fraud! FAKE.
Who the fuck wants to be inconvenienced? Who gives a shit? Nobody wants strangers in their house and she still gave away more money than you'll ever make in your whole life. Talk about sour fuckin' grapes. Don't even fucking pretend you'd give even a quarter of that to charity if you had her money.
>>
>>9237481

Give me a break. This problem isn't about any one celebrity. Our entire society needs to accept refugees, we all need to be committed to it. Instead of asking celebrities to help, we should all be saying "what can we as a society do to help?"
>>
>>9238374

The text of the series lends itself so much more readily to a counter narrative.

>Wizards have to segregate themselves from the unwashed masses of ignorant, superstitious Muggles or face persecution
>Live in a gated totally separate society
>Only Muggles that can immigrate into their society are those with sufficient potential and ability to integrate peacefully
>>
>>9238386
>she spent 160 million to help people
A real act of generosity and bravery, I'm surprised she could make it through the winter with what she had left.
>>
>>9238386
>Nobody wants strangers in their house
Nobody wants violent shitskins in their neighborhood raping and stealing either but that sure as hell isn't stopping them.
>>
>>9238401
yeah, i'm sure all the starving kids she fed are just livid
>>
>>9238371
>Do not advocate for accepting massive amounts of refugees unless you are willing to personally care for some.

Why? Should pro-lifers be forced to adopt x amount of children? Should animal rights activists give themselves over to be experimented on in the place of animals? If you support the death penalty should you have to kill criminals yourself?
>>
>>9238421
Which is good. The point is that she gave practically nothing. The bare minimum, all calculated for publicity and tax considerations.
>>
>>9238439
so? how much have you given?
>>
>>9238421
Lol. Once you reach a certain amount of money, using it for good publicity is a lot more beneficial than buying another house or private jet. Rowling isn't some charitable saint that did it out of the goodness of her heart--it was done entirely out of tax considerations, and to provide a smoke screen for the fact that she really is not a good person
>>
>>9238428
Yes to all three. Unironically, especially the third one.
>>
>>9238400
>>9238374

Almost every single character who thinks muggles are inferior is portrayed as an irredeemable villain. One of the main villians goals is to eradicate them. Everyone hates him and is very ashamed of his actions.

How are you too stupid to understand Harry Potter?
>>
>>9238450
Proportionally, a lot more and not to the benefit she gets. You seem excited for no reason.
>>
>hurr durr she's being racist against white people

"Lethal white" is a genetic disease in horses you uneducated barbarians. But my, are you people quick to offend.
>>
>>9238457

>Responding to arbitrary examples and not responding to the heart of the discussion.
>>
>>9238468
the point is, is that she gave money. you can hate her, god knows i don't give a shit about her, but that doesn't effect the money she spent.

demanding that people "prove they're legit" infuriates me. She's richer than you, fucking deal. People upset that rich people can afford to do extravagant things is an exercise in stupidity.
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (81KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.jpg
81KB, 480x360px
>rawenclaw is jew! ashkenazi dna realism!
>>
>>9238523
I don't hate her. Of course it doesn't effect the money she spent. I'm just not sure why you're praising her. She gave next to nothing for reasons other than charity.
You're acting like i'm advocating her not giving money. I think you're willfully being dense at this point.
>>
An apt name for an era than can elect someone like DRUMPF
>>
>>9238492
k. Then "yes".
>>
>>9238524
>every weasley ever is trans
what
>>
>>9238543
What?
>>
>>9238523
The reason that people bash rich people giving away money is because it's literally the easiest thing they can do. They're not actively working to help the cause, or doing anything directly: they're just writing a check for Reddit karma.
>>
>>9238413
>only non whites commit crimes
I can't wait for neonazis to be purged.
>>
>>9238492
Here you go, since you can't seem to read between the lines: society would improve if political ideology were forces to be acted upon in policy. If you vote for a policy, it is recorded and you are required to act in some way to support that change (like jury duty, not a huge commitment, just a likelihood of having to put your money where you mouth is).

I think this would make people less likely to spurt bullshit opinions that impact others a great deal but are disconnected from their own lives.
>>
>>9238087
because i don´t trust publications and anons on face value

and how did my "crack" destroy my dignity?
but sure if that didn´t fit into your worldview replace clinton foundation with PeTA
>>
>>9238625

I thought maybe you meant that but it was so childish and dumb that I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Most people pay taxes either income/property or of some other form, they deserve to have a say in how that money is spent without being punished.You leave it to politicians to make political opinions either too expensive or for some other reason unattractive to have because of the personal cost.
>>
>>9238686
not him, but anon seems to be saying that one shouldn't be allowed punish others with the consequences of their policy, or at least not without punishing themselves first.

if you really see it as a punishment to adopt that policy for Rowling, then why do you not care that more disadvantaged people were punished by her in the same way you refuse to have her punished? I don't see how you can argue it's punishment when it happens to Rowling, but not when it happens to someone else.

that's some severely twisted virtue ethics if Rowling is our purest being, the one who can murder without it being murder. personally I don't see refugees as a punishment, but the idea it's punishment for Rowling to house them is just bizarre. ostensibly she shouldn't mind refugees more than the average pro-refugeer, and should be able to house them better than anyone who's not a billionaire. that you think it's punishment to make her do that makes it seem like you don't understand what a principle is.
>>
>>9238387
why the fuck do we have to take in all these shitskins across the whole world when in the same region of the world these syrian """""children"""" could just go to saudia arabia where they have refugee camp set up for use and are waiting to be used. fuck off they aren't coming here
>>
>>9238751
>not him, but anon seems to be saying that one shouldn't be allowed punish others with the consequences of their policy, or at least not without punishing themselves first.

So basically everyone should be punished when a group is affected by a policy. ok. smart.

>if you really see it as a punishment to adopt that policy for Rowling, then why do you not care that more disadvantaged people were punished by her in the same way you refuse to have her punished? I don't see how you can argue it's punishment when it happens to Rowling, but not when it happens to someone else.

because it will happen to nobody else

>that's some severely twisted virtue ethics if Rowling is our purest being, the one who can murder without it being murder. personally I don't see refugees as a punishment, but the idea it's punishment for Rowling to house them is just bizarre. ostensibly she shouldn't mind refugees more than the average pro-refugeer, and should be able to house them better than anyone who's not a billionaire. that you think it's punishment to make her do that makes it seem like you don't understand what a principle is.

because there is a difference between somebody living in your house and somebody living in an isolated ghetto in your country. Nobody will be forced to house refugees.It is really weird that I have to even say that.
>>
>>9238428
What right have you to advocate and change the lives of people you will never interact with. What right have you to put foxes in the henhouse if you're not a farmer nor a dairyman?

What right have you to compell society to admit people's they don't want, under the guise that is the morally right thing to do, when you wouldn't feel even the slightest effects of it save for the warm cozies you get from your undulant virtue signalling?

Celebrities who abuse their fame are the worst kind of hypocrites, and are just as daft as those who think they're word more right because of their irrelevant achievements. Why should a children's novelist have any say in the lives of the common people, when she for 15 years has been quite removed from it?
>>
>>9238837
Those ghetto's are not isolated. There usually in the middle of a city or town close to the down town core. There is nothing isolated about other than the fact they will generally tend to isolate themselves from positive social interaction with non-Muslims.
>>
>>9238837
Refugees interact with society just the same; are you so much an imbecile to believe that they will come here and stay in tents in some impoverished ghetto? What of those in the ghetto, who already suffer from poor societal standards? Would it not be better to help your countrymen in dire straits before gifting upon strangers what your society is lacking?

How can you in good conscious give a home to a foreigner while your own countryman sleeps beneath bridges, among park benches, beside overpasses, beneath shopping cart tents, beside dilapidated buildings, amongst the trash, between the smell of ichor and urine? Tell me so I can sleep easier in my poverty stricken abode.
>>
>see a Robert Galbrait novel at store
>big sticker on cover
>"It's JK Rowling!"
What is the point of using a pseudonym if your real name is going to be used to market it?
>>
>>9238387
I'm saying as a window cleaner that the refugees can go fuck themselves I want to spend whatever I have on drink.
>>
>>9238686
Taxes, money as the bottom line and pretending this is political action... This to me is at the very heart of the problem in society.

The epitome of people's contribution to society being reduced to literally demanding money from them is fucked. It is not remedied by being able to cast a vote amongst millions for how that money will be spent. This is the illusion of contribution, particularly when most people are dissolusioned about the difference that vote even makes.

The whole conversation about politics then becomes obsessed with the economic bottom line, rather than the kind of people we want to become and the development of a community that can make that happen.
>>
>>9238805
the thing is, if europe and the U.S set out seriously to tackle the problem, it wouldn't need to involve mass migration. They could be temporarily housed in partitioned zones but there's no will in any country to allow such a thing, from the left as a moral outrage to not allow refugees all the rights of real citizens, from the right for allowing them in at all.

The US could accept so fucking many refugees and generate a lot of goodwill so damaged by its wars there. But the method of granting asylum here is almost always to naturalize them, whether they intend to return or not.
>>
>>9238868
yeah that is what I meant. They will not be in your house
>>9238847

Any citizen who pays taxes has this right. By virtue of paying taxes and being a citizen. If that is not valid then why should anyone have a say on anything in the country? She gets the same one vote and the same one opinion as anyone in the country. Your beef seems to be not with Rowling but with the very concept of democratic discourse.

>>9238883

Rowling does not ask that you give your house, money or even make an effort to help refugees. She is asking you to let them into the country that is all, maybe she put out another tweet that said let refugees literally live in your house and eat your food. Maybe I am out of the loop.

If you want to help a hobo go help him. Nobody asked you to do anything for refugees with that money.
>>
>>9238926
Any question you have about any marketing choice is always going to have the same answer: manipulation.
>>
>>9238939
Hey man, I'm a window cleaner too. I recently ordered a small charcoal grill from Amazon that I'm going to use to kill myself. My plan is to seal up the opening underneath the bathroom door with a wet towel and then light the charcoal grill. I'm gonna hang out in there until I die.
>>
>>9238926
>i had to use a male pseudonym because i else i would not be taken serious
>then i came to the realization that that is the wrong thing to do and that i have to stand proud as a woman as a sign against discrimination
>>
>>9238956
People want to force Rowling to take refugees in her mansions so she is forced to live in close proximity to them, because people are extremely annoyed that she is speaking about this from a considerable distance.
She will never have to live in close proximity to refugees without a wall of private security personnel between them and her. It's not about forcing her to give up her home, but to force her to experience what the rest of the population must when they are stuck living in close proximity to refugee centers without any kind of security service beyond the police.
>>
File: 0Uk0pP.jpg (36KB, 480x526px) Image search: [Google]
0Uk0pP.jpg
36KB, 480x526px
>>9238956
> If that is not valid then why should anyone have a say on anything in the country?

I did not put to test the validity of her vote, I set forth a critique of contemporary society, one that views celebrities as the pinnacle of what we should be doing. She has considerable sway over a vast swathe of people, and she uses that sway in a way that makes her more "likeable", since her message agrees with the narrative. As a result, she becomes more popular and more profitable, and her message gets echoed and internalized, espoused by her rabid followers.

But in doing so, these followers become agents of demise for their own doing; they will advocate for their own destruction and misery if only to impress that narrative message. Under ideal circumstances policy would be debated on the merit of how it should affect the country. This is not happening. Instead, we see celebrities and news prompters waxing poetic about the virtues of helping others, all the whilst telling the vapid public that they would glady share the same burden, though its scarce from true; A rich neighborhood doesn't have to deal with thousands of foreigners who speak neither the language, and in fact, innately hate the West for destroying their homes and causing the whole problem in the first place.

In this I can only surmise it in these terms: If you kick a hornets nest, don't leave your door open when you scurry on home.

>
Rowling does not ask that you give your house, money or even make an effort to help refugees.

This is precisely whats required though? If not my home, then the home of my country, which is paid for by my taxes same as her; but I do not have a bullhorn to which everyone can hear my fears—they get washed away as evil and racist.

My house? No, but perhaps that empty neighbors house now has some. And the one next to it. And another. All whilst being paid for on the government dime while I struggle to pay rent for my tiny little place.

Money? Aren't taxes compelled from the populace, and in doing so becomes my money just the same? I have no choice here, and I get to watch my schools, colleges, streets, shops, libraries, grocery stores, hangouts and parks flooded with a people who despise me for my country. You can take the tiger from the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the tiger, sooner or later there will be violence, begotten by either the people who lose their cultural identity, or by the tiger we so capriciously imported.

As for helping hobos, is that not what those refugees are, yet under a different name? Why do they take precedence? Is it guilt? Why then do you feel guilt for something you did not cause yourself, but inherited? You didn't choose to go to war with the middle east, yet here it came knocking on your door with its unwashed masses. Tell me, why is it you would want to help someone far away before you would help those nearest to you?
>>
>>9238926
Wanted to be taken seriously and not ride Harry Potter's fame. But nobody bought it and publishers called her an amateur and rejected her book.

So she revealed it was her all along and now everyone buys it because it's her
>>
>>9238387
>Our entire society needs to accept gorillians of freeloaders with a toxic culture into our land
Can you just...not, and leave this board. Anyone who knows anything about history knows exactly why this is a terrible idea, and way to think
>>
>>9239024
I think welfare should be extend for the homeless but i find the kinds of people who don't want refugees also resist that kind of idea. Rowling is a liberal she probably wants welfare for hobos more than you do for sure.

If you aren't giving up your house and you actually pay less tax then Rowling assuming you lived in the uk by both percentage of income and net, you personally will lose less than her in every sense of the word. You might have to be nearby foreigners but you honestly will get no pity for that.

I could turn your argument around, it is as easy for you to post on 4chan that refugees should go home as it is for Rowling to post welcome refugees on twitter. You don't have to face any refugees, you have no family who are refugees.

I actually take that back since Rowling has to publicly face criticism and you post anonymously.
>>
>>9239121
> the kinds of people who don't want refugees also resist that kind of idea.

Usually for good reason. Take San Francisco as an extreme example of how homelessness isn't solved by throwing money at the problem: $300,000,000 spent on the cities 7,000 homeless. Thats about $43,000 per person. Still theres homeless; its not about being inconsiderate, its about not wanting to waste money on overhead.

>you actually pay less tax then Rowling

Difference is that my tax affects me much more than it affects her. Tax for her might equate to a few million per year that she doesn't get back, sure, but thats the difference between a 40,000 square foot house and a 45,000 square foot house in her eyes, whereas that $200 in tax I pay monthly means the difference between having the AC/Heat on or not. Taxes hurt the poor more than they hurt the wealthy.

>You might have to be nearby foreigners but you honestly will get no pity for that.

Because you fail to understand the impact it will have.

>Rowling has to publicly face criticism and you post anonymously.

That happens when you hold considerable amounts of political sway over the youth, and use it for your own personal advantage.
>>
>>9239121
>>9239156

You might have to be nearby foreigners but you honestly will get no pity for that.

>Because you fail to understand the impact it will have.

I take this back. This is pure strawmanning. I never once argued on the basis that being around foreigners was a bad thing. I argued that being around foreigners that HATE YOUR COUNTRY is a bad thing, of which the difference is monumental.
>>
>>9239156
>Usually for good reason.

Then stop pretending like you don't know why nobody cares about hobos, it's a complex problem with complex solutions that don't fit into 140 characters and you cannot tackle every single social problem in one tweet. People who say "Oh you care about kids shot in schools but you don't care about kids getting killed by the us army" are the dumbest.

>Taxes hurt the poor more than they hurt the wealthy.

That is why the wealthy became wealthy in the first place. That is why they get taxed at a higher rate, she does more for the countries infrastructure and welfare system then you. If a refugee gets welfare she is more likley to be paying for it than you or any give person in the country by a huge margin.

>Because you fail to understand the impact it will have.

Because you have typed a short story and failed to explain the impact.

>and use it for your own personal advantage

in this case how does she personally benefit

>>9239165
That point is incidental I don't care, you will find most refugees are women and children trying not to get raped and despite what Stefan Molyneux said they want to go to school and work more than they want to destroy western civilization.
>>
File: Boys.png (4KB, 615x120px) Image search: [Google]
Boys.png
4KB, 615x120px
>>9239223
>you will find most refugees are women and children
Not according to the UN.
http://data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/mediterranean
>>
>>9239246
thats because men/boys are the only ones people kill when they take over countries
>>
>>9239223
On mobile so I'm just going to address the first point
>"Oh you care about kids shot in schools but you don't care about kids getting killed by the us army" are the dumbest

Talk about false equivalence, though I know where you're going with this.

What services would you give to a refugee? Home? Stipends? Safety? Couldn't all these be applied to a homeless person just the same? My original question stands unanswered: why do refugees take precedence over homeless?
>>
>>9239263
Your right they only rape the women.
>>
>>9238267
Fuck off, Perelman turned down receiving the fields medal and millions of dollars. And thats when he was still poor as shit. And there are other examples, just because it's something you love doesn't mean you have to lower yourself for money.
>>
>>9239246
That is not represntative of refugees entering the UK or even the US it is of refugees entering italy, greece and spain from all over Africa across the mediterranian. Which is not what we were talking about.

>>9239265

>why do refugees take precedence over homeless?

I don't think they should. Liberals in general do not think they should. They should both be treated very well.
>>
>>9239294
Then how come homeless people aren't given homes, but instead given crime ridden shelters? Why are they treated like a solved problem by liberals? Why is it when a man becomes homeless he is scuttled away to the nearest shelter as if that solves the problem?

Now, why oh god why, do we want to give homes and pay rent for refugees when we refuse to do the same for our own citizens first?

t. was homeless
>>
>>9239294
Where exactly do you think refugees entering Britain originate from?
>>
>>9239312
Addendum: if the services they want to give to refugees were instead given to homeless, you would hear a lot less bickering on the social impact, and more on the economic impact. Nobody thinks homeless people shouldn't have homes, they just don't agree with the way it's provided. Plenty of Tories would have no qualms with temporary payments of rent for our homeless, mind you.
>>
>>9239223
>That point is incidental I don't care, you will find most refugees are women and children trying not to get raped and despite what Stefan Molyneux said they want to go to school and work more than they want to destroy western civilization.
their existance outside their homelands and inside yours is more than enough to destroy your civilization, these people really don't assimilate
>>
>>9239223
>you will find most refugees are women and children
lies
>>
>>9238837
>refugees must live in a ghetto
what the fuck is wrong with you man? throughout all of WWII internal refugees were housed by fellow citizens in their homes. thousands of children were shipped to the countryside, without their parents, in hopes they wouldn't get bombed, and with none of the background checks we'd do now. opening your home to someone in need is basic humanity; sodom and gomorrah were destroyed for their lack of hospitality and their stinginess with bread to travellers, and the person who wants refugees so long as they live in a ghetto has the same mentality as a war criminal. fuck your whole world view, mate.
>>
>>9239408
>>9239372
>>9239326
>>9239315
>>9239312
You guys didn't win, im just going to sleep
>>
>>9239436
>my ego is at stake here not ideas
yes, anonymous, someone could easily mistake you for a loser with an early bedtime.
>>
>>9237437
What else do you expect from a hack author?
>>
File: 1468785803655.jpg (283KB, 960x796px) Image search: [Google]
1468785803655.jpg
283KB, 960x796px
>>9238387

>Our entire society needs to accept refugees

It's actually pretty easy to keep them out.
>>
>>9239470
>Bulgaria looks at Hungary's fence
>"ok...how can we make our fence even better"
>>
>>9239453
Eh, he never intended be convinced of anything. He was here to prove his intellectual superiority.
>>
>>9239470
Holy... that's a lot of barbed wire....
>>
>>9239436
>I can't lose arguments if I don't stop talking

What a stupid premise. You lost ages ago.
>>
>>9237606
>he was stabbed with an ice shard, that's why we couldnt find the killer's weapon!
>>
>>9241056
>he was stabbed with an ice shard, that's why we couldnt find the killer's weapon!

That was how they killed the corrupt prison guard in Bad Girls
>>
>>9238387
>Our entire society needs to accept refugees
LOL
>>
>>9242783
no, people gotta stop making refugees
>>
>>9239470
Doesn't matter when our country is full of gypsies and turks. Slovenia was the best balk country(since has the most whites in it) in terms of living but they are cucks like all north countries and will lose their greatness.
>>
>>9237426
>JK Rowling
really lit? really?
>>
THREAD SAVED
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.