[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw the story is written in the present tense Why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1459219691162.jpg (93KB, 891x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1459219691162.jpg
93KB, 891x1113px
>mfw the story is written in the present tense

Why do writers do this?
>>
>>9236859
Off yourself.
>>
>>9236859
because it's simple and efficient you fucking mongrel
>>
Because people with nothing to say use it to lend immediacy and a veneer of high modernist sophistication to their pretentious prose. But you already knew that.
>>
>>9236859
Why shouldn't they?
>>
>>9236859
because IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>9236859
>Why do writers do this?
t. present simple
>>
File: 1488717189775.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1488717189775.png
127KB, 601x508px
>story is written in the perfect-progressive future tense
>>
>I put on my robe and wizard hat.
>>
>>9236859
>story oscillates between stream of conciousness future tense and first person past tense, only allowing the reader to gather what is happening through these points of view. but it doesn't even matter since the contents of the plot is unimportant and the majority of the books nuance come from its symbolic content
>>
There's no time like now.
>>
First person narratives always sound better in the present tense. For third person, yes, it is dumb
>>
>>9236859
>>9237627

>The sneer is gone from Casey’s lip, his teeth are clenched in hate,
>He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate;
>And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
>And now the air is shattered by the force of Casey’s blow.

Why do writers do this?
>>
>>9237729
Bcuz they r gay lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.