[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any books on being a complete dumbass and completly fucking up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0204.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0204.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
Any books on being a complete dumbass and completly fucking up your future on the first 18 years of your life and then trying to get your shit together?
Asking for a friend
>>
I have a friend who can answer, I need to call him first. One minute.
>>
>>9235158
The philosopher Bernard Stiegler was in prison for armed robbery, and writes about how he got interested in philosophy in prison in "acting out". Malcolm x's autobiography is similar, and a great read
>>
>>9235181
Hello? What did he say?
>>
>>9235158
Eh, just start over. What else are you doing.
>>
>>9235235
I haven't been able to ask yet. He keeps talking about about how nerve cord patterns in ancient mollusks are empirical proof of extraterrestrials. He's a retard.
I'll ask him again, he always has a good list for this.
>>
>>9235241
I can't really go to high school again.
>>
>>9235195
malcom x was a fucking mong
>>
>>9235250
OK
>>
>>9235272
ok malcolm x is a good role model if plan on joining an authoritarian religious cult and working up the ranks before becoming disillusioned and they murder u when u try to leave, but on the off chance that isn't how u want ur life to go maybe try to look for a better role model
>>
>>9235275
You don't have to take every book you read literally. Not every book is a how to-manual either.
>>
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>9235249

You literally have almost your entire life ahead of you.

Also, what you assume is doing your life 'right' is probably not, and may even be the opposite of that. I just graduated from a school so good that no one would believe me if I said what it was and I've decided to essentially throw it all away by moving to a frigid city in far-northern China to teach English and study languages. I have a bizarre conviction that lowering my standard of living and isolating myself from intelligible reality will be some sort of penance for a certain moral terror that keeps afflicting me. The other part is that I couldn't deal with the banality of the 'good' life for which I set myself up and now I'm doing something insane. It can happen to you too. Just be reflective and you will find answers of some kind.

And this occurred after I scored perfect grades on almost everything for my entire life, had many friends, etc. At one point I snapped and became a retard. Every day is an opportunity for your life to either crash or be saved and you have little control over which of the two you get. Just try to live well, as best you can.
>>
>>9235158
No, but if you want a read about someone doing fairly well until about 22, then completely fucking everything up the next few years to the point of homelessness/brief incarceration, then turning it all around again about 4 years later . . .

my diary, desu.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.