[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Ralph Waldo Emerson, 4chan? What were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What are your thoughts on Ralph Waldo Emerson, 4chan? What were his best teachings and what was he wrong about?
>>
>>9234210
Bit too liberal for my liking (I'm redpilled)
>>
>>9234218
Isn't that cute.
>>
Great writer, but I don't really care for much of what he had to say.
>>
File: 1478716627401.png (193KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478716627401.png
193KB, 657x527px
>>9234210
>,4chan

I am not 4chan. I am a man.
>>
The American
>>
>>9234257
I wasn't addressing you in particular.
>>
>>9234210
Gee, everyone has their reservations about Emerson who had his reservations about everyone great before him. The Essays are fantastic, you read them when youre a kid and they blow you away, completely. Nietzsche loved him, but the Uebermenschen here keep mum, for whatever reason. His thoughts with respect to the English are interesting, and still for the most part prevail among a certain Anglo-American ilk.. Me? I'm often surprised how interesting they are, the Essays, whenever I pick them up; I poked around his journals over the summer, and what I read sustained my interest. I guess his time has been, and probably will be again, but, for whatever reason, it is not now.
>>
>>9234274
Why not? He looks like he has something to contribute.
>>
>>9234228
Pretty much this. A bit too heavy on the Anglomania for me. Disgusting.
>>
Experience, Compensation, Circles, the Poet, and, last but not least, that locus of the soi-disant "American Religion", Self-Reliance. It's weird how incompetently Nietzscho-Emersonian most all of us are. Of course, these two were the antidote or the redpill of themselves... Perhaps we trust Nietzsche more because his writing, though pretty, was not so pretty as big E's.
>>
>>9234314
He didn't say he wasn't addressing him, he just said not him in particular. They're two different things, anon. He's more than welcome to join in on the fun.
>>
>>9234210
he was a great, good man with a fancy prose style; a fair judge of his contemporaries; but a little too conscious of his obvious desire to attain top literary place in the Americas. though he contradicts himself incessantly, one feels that he often does so on purpose. discovering 'why' is to learn more about him, etc.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.