[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about pic related? Other than his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: cortazar_julio_2.jpg (23KB, 340x291px) Image search: [Google]
cortazar_julio_2.jpg
23KB, 340x291px
What does /lit/ think about pic related? Other than his gigantism and eyebrows.
>>
Hopscotch is fucking brilliant

Ulysses of the 60s
>>
>>9234215
argie here. is it? what makes it good? I haven't read it yet, I've heard mixed opinions
>>
Surprised Vincent Cassel hasn't played him in a biopic
>>
Cronopios and famas is pretty cute.
>>
>>9234198
He is pretty good but he hasnt aged very well
>>
>>9234307
I hate reading stupid shit like this. I wish phrases like this didn't stick so easily to brainlets.
>>
>>9234323
Ok
>>
>>9234232
I read it when I was 17. It blew my mind and it pretty much got me into literature.

He puts in words a lot of things you think and feel when you're young and he does it pretty well. At least that's what did it for me.

t. chileno
>>
>>9234198
His short stories are really good, Casa Tomada is a classic desu.
>>
What of him was gigantic?
>>
>>9234977
the benis ;)
>>
>>9234977
an the anus hole two
>>
>>9234232
It's pretty well written in general, but the story ew, i'ts like EDGY TEEN - THE BOOK except that the protag is not a teen but a fucking 40 years old faggot. it really hits you when you're young tho.

Not Ulysses from the 60s btw, that is just laughable
>>
>>9235045
is it best to read it the normal way and then follow the list of nonsequential chapters, or vice versa? and how long should I leave before doing the second one?
>>
>Spanish language literature
>>
File: c77L6eD.gif (648KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
c77L6eD.gif
648KB, 220x165px
>>9235464
>not reading Cervantes
>>
File: 1488486605819.png (327KB, 879x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488486605819.png
327KB, 879x540px
>>9234198
The best cortazar is a mediocre borges
>>
>>9235459
Depends, if you're posting on /lit/ I guess you already have preference for authors like Joyce, Faulkner, Woolf, Broch, etc, and then you're more than ready to read it the "hard way" (not really hard but anyway) and get into the LOL METAFICTION and Cortazar's theory about active readers. However, if you're more like a light reader, i'd really suggest that you read it only to the chapter 56. Sadly, the book is just more enjoyable this way, and the tablero de dirección it's just for readers that like to jump into the avant garde / posmodern way of reading books.
>>
>>9235523
Ah and I'd said wait at least a year for reading it again the other way
>>
>>9235045
how is it edgy?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.