[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw ywn read his "On Negroes" essay since he burned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Schopenhauer.jpg (13KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Schopenhauer.jpg
13KB, 250x298px
>tfw ywn read his "On Negroes" essay since he burned it because it was too redpilling
Is there a worst feel? Maybe is better this way...
>>
"I here express my opinion that a white colour in the skin is not natural to man, but that by nature he has a black or brown skin, just as had our forefathers the Hindus; consequently, a white human being has never sprung originally from the womb of nature, and therefore there is no white race, however much this is talked about, but every white human being is bleached. Driven into the north, which is strange and foreign to him, and in which he exists only like exotic plants, and like these requires a hothouse in winter, man became white in the course of thousands of years. The gypsies, an Indian race that immigrated about four centuries ago, show the transition from the complexion of the Hindus to our own. Therefore in sexual love, nature strives to return to dark hair and brown eyes as the archetype; but the white colour of the skin has become a second nature, though not so that the brown of the Hindus would repel us."

- Arthur Schopenhauer, The Metaphysics of Sexual Love
>>
>>9234124
>tfw being white means you are above nature
feels good, subtle redpill you got there, Schop
>>
>>9234124
A more level-headed analysis than I would expect - given who makes up his most vocal audience.

>>9234142
It implies the opposite.
>>
>>9235279
You should really give reading Schopenhauer a go then, his actual character as a writer is extremely detached from his meme identity here
>>
File: louis_ck.jpg (307KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
louis_ck.jpg
307KB, 750x500px
>>9234124
>Therefore in sexual love, nature strives to return to dark hair and brown eyes as the archetype

Wtf I love Schopenhauer now!
>>
>>9234124
pertinent
>>
>>9234124
so hes still a weeb nothing to see here
>>
>>9235292
I already intended too, but I'm not at that period of philosophy yet.

I would read his "World As Will and Representation" just for its awesome title and influence, but that is still encouraging to hear - thanks.
>>
>>9235362
His "The two fundamental problems of ethics" is a pretty nice introduction to the WWV btw.
>>
>>9234122
How do we know that it exists if he 'burned it'
>>
>>9234124
>just as had our forefathers the Hindus
God, Schopenhauer truly was a retard
>>
>>9236086
It was a reasonable assumption back then based on the discovery of the Indo-Aryan language family
>>
>>9236082
Existed*
>>
Except that if you read old Schop, you would know that he didn't necessarily believe that what was "natural" was good. Hell he even advocated for a life of aesthetic contemplation along with no sex in order to give a big middle finger to the "will".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.