[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, I know Albert Camus and The Stranger are spammed about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /lit/, I know Albert Camus and The Stranger are spammed about quite a bit here, but what are your thoughts on his other works? Pic related
>>
I read the Plague and it bored me to death. The Stranger wasn't as long or sterile.
>>
My favourite Camus along with The First Man,one of the few books which I've immediately re-read upon finishing.
>>
Was very insecure about by works because I felt like everyone judged me. This book intensified my fears because everyone needs a slave to feel good
>>
I tore through La chute while travelling to a uni interview because I said I had read it in my application.

Got rejected desu
>>
>>9233926
I felt like the plague is supposed to bore you. It's so drawn out and featureless that even the reader is accustomed to death, by the time you read about the horrible induvidual suffering some people had in the hospital (iirc) you don't even care anymore. Truly absurb desu
>>
>>9233184
Tarrou: I want to become a saint
Rieux: But you don't believe in God
Tarrou: Exactly

The Plague is top tier existentialism if you can make it through the dry spells.
>>
>>9233184
The Fall is his best for sure.
L'etranger is overrated and meme-tier (yet a must-read because of its cultural significance), The Plague boring as shit. Camus as a thinker is rather repetitive in his l'absurd existentialism, so the best and most interesting approach to him is reading The Fall and his essay on Sisyphus and then discarding everything you learned from him.
>>
>>9233184
>Not reading Camus in french.

OP, please.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.