[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /lit/ I'm a turbo pleb who had no direction but decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1365475090228.jpg (418KB, 747x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.jpg
418KB, 747x1417px
So /lit/ I'm a turbo pleb who had no direction but decided to follow the starter kit picture posted on the wiki. I just finished reading everything on it and was wondering where I should go from here. Should I start with the Greeks now? Dive into post-modernism? I would like to be able to read Infinite Jest and Gravity's Rainbow, along with some Joyce but I'd also like to get a better overall understanding of literature before tackling some of the meme trilogy touted here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>9229940
Read whatever you want to read.There is no order you should follow.
>>
>>9229940
pick up whatever interests you. you've already read some important things after finishing that chart. ill admit ive only read like 6 from that chart. i read infinite jest recently though and didnt feel like i needed any better overall understanding of literature before tackling it.

what im trying to say is just read what you want at this point
>>
>>9229940

Shakespeare is pleasant and rewarding, read everything he wrote at least three or four times.
>>
some shorter stuff first maybe. dont dive into the tippety top memes.

i always tell people to read Gatsby if they havent yet. short and perfect book, read that.
>>
>>9229940
As the others have said, just read whatever you want. If you're a pleb as you say, there's no reason for you to take a scholarly approach to literature. In fact, I doubt there are many cases in which someone scrutinizes literature prior to just appreciating/enjoying it. So just read whatever you want whenever you want. Buy a book on an impulse.

Oh, and you can read read Infinite Jest now if you want. You have my permission. It's not nearly as difficult as hipsters make it seem.
>>
>>9229940
my first /lit/ book was Infinite Jest. Just read it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.