[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I might be a brainlet. I started visiting this board recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 15573950._SX540_.jpg (38KB, 540x199px) Image search: [Google]
15573950._SX540_.jpg
38KB, 540x199px
Guys, I might be a brainlet. I started visiting this board recently despite years of literature consumption, and decided to try reading something more consequential. I started reading Nietzsche, and couldn't fucking get it. I went back to the Greeks and got it too well (so well that I'm sure that I missed the bigger picture). Then I picked up Road to Surfdom and The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money and just couldn't fucking contextualize the words. Should I kill myself, guys? Should I just live my life reading NYT Best Sellers?
>>
That's quite a bizarre reading list

Are you interested in philosophy or literature?
>>
>>9229123

Literature, but since I'm not classically educated, I tried getting into philosophy.
>>
why did u expect reading some pagans in robes would help you understand 20th century economic texts? you are definitely a brainlet but probably not for the reasons u think
>>
>>9229134

>bak 2 da greeks bruh
>>
>Wants to get into philosophy
>Starts with Nietzsche
>Wants to get into economy
>Starts with memes
Senpai what is wrong with you?
>>
>>9229130
Well, you're probably not ready for Nietzsche yet, is there any particular reason you wanted to read him?

If it's literature youre interested in anyways, then why not go with Hesse, his prose is simple and elegant and his novels often have very Nietzschean undertones
>>
>>9229147

I know I'm not ready for Nietzsche, but he;s who the board seems to regard most highly. I realize that it was a mistake trying to educate myself through memes. Thanks for the suggestion, breh.
>>
File: 1383316681800.jpg (56KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
1383316681800.jpg
56KB, 350x420px
>>9229163
Aye, go back to him later, he's someone you should really put the necessary effort into to understand him.
Just keep reading 19th-early 20th century german literature and you'll run into him at every corner anyways

Have fun on your journey bro
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.