[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have friends who read? What do they read? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled-1.png (167KB, 351x549px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
167KB, 351x549px
Do you have friends who read? What do they read? Do you discuss books with them?
>>
>>9227648
yes one normie friend and one alcoholic bipolar friend
normie and I discuss more contemporary writers - Cormac, Philip Roth, Delillo, Vargas Llosa, Denis Johnson

alchy madman and I discuss more 19th century stuff. Though he does like Cioran and Beckett's novels particularly the Trilogy
He's a big Dostoevsky fan. Notes from Underground and White Nights in particular
>>
>>9227648
A few, but their reading-orientation is largely political, with a smattering of conteporary fiction tossed in.
>>
>>9227648
One, but he's apparently been reading The Brothers Karamazov for the last 6 months, so I'm not sure if he actually reads or not.
>>
Yes, a handful of friends, all online, and only one of them I have a somewhat close connection with
>>
>>9227648
One guy who's actually smart--likes Kafka and Murukami. But there are so many people I know who've read THREE BOOKS and think they're smart shit
>Lord of the Flies
>The Stranger
>Slaughterhouse-Five
like cmon, branch out, make an effort!
>>
one of my closest friends likes to read, mostly literary fiction with splashes of classic sci-fi. he likes vonnegut and marquez a lot. we often recommend one another books.

have another friend who's just starting to get into literature. doesn't have a defined taste yet, but i lent him some flannery o'connor.
>>
>>9227648
I just started a Divine Comedy read together thing with some friends. One friend has not read any of it yet and the other is reading a whole different part of the book I think. Kind of disappointing.
>>
I have two friends who read.
the first reads everything under the sun: Sci-fi to Catholic spiritual literature. He's a historian so he has a shelf dedicated to all the history books he's bought.

The Second is training to be a historian/professor and reads mostly history and sci-fi books.

we both recommend and share books with each other, as we all are some form of historian.
>>
I had one friend who read, but it was mostly vampire YA. Last time I saw her it was Milk & Honey.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.