[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1800s literature is society's interest in death, dying,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: oldmanwhat.jpg (21KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
oldmanwhat.jpg
21KB, 384x313px
>1800s literature is society's interest in death, dying, and the void of unknowing
>1900s literature is society's interest in the wonders of the universe and science
>2000s literature is ... ?
>>
shit
>>
>>9225119
trannies
>>
ask me in another 80 years, but i'd hazard a guess that this century's literature will veer away from the limited-scope speculative science and psychology, human narratives, etc. and new authors will embrace a new renaissance ideal, with the masterpieces of the 21st century spanning the mastery of many technical disciplines, unprecedentedly wide nets of human experiences, abandonment of cyclical archetypes, etc.
>>
>>9225191
Okay but what are you getting at? Do you mean our interests will be all encompassing?
>>
File: fuckingidiot.jpg (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingidiot.jpg
1MB, 900x900px
>>9225119
the intricacies of getting into the pants of teenage girls
>>
>1800s literature is society's interest in death, dying, and the void of unknowing
Mmm not really.
>1900s literature is society's interest in the wonders of the universe and science
No

Pretty retarded post if I'm being honest desu senpai
>>
>>9225249
this
>>
>>9225249
>n-n-n-noooo
I know I'm over simplifying literature, but what's explicitly wrong with what I said? Gothic literature rose in the 19th century and the same with Scifi in the 20th.
>>
>>9225358
Surely the rise of sci-fi pales a bit in comparison to the modernist tradition that spanned the globe? Further, the modernist tradition was fundamentally interested in the OPPOSITE of what you've suggested. They didn't care about the cosmos; they were interested in the phenomenology of human experience/the durée, hence Ulysses, ISoLT, The Waves, etc.

If anything, the cosmos were hardly an afterthought in their works.
>>
Society's interest in maps.

Fun fact: I read this book when I was 14 because my cousin who was a librarian lent it to me. My young teenage self thoroughly enjoyed it, and most girls that talked to me about it after recognizing the cover thought I was gay. They were pretty right.
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0ODk1OTUzNDIz.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0ODk1OTUzNDIz.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>9225119
>>
>>9225119
>1800s literature is "wow only 12% of humans can actually read, so if you can muster writing more than 100 pages we'll not only publish it, but you'll be regarded as a literary genius until people figure out how dumb you are, and by then you'll be so ingrained into history that it'll be blasphemous to criticize you"
>1900s literature is James Joyce and nothing else
>>
What a dumb post. Why would you generalize entire centuries like that? And why would you follow up with a question no one here can possibly answer?
>>
>>9225985
2000s literature ^ amiright
>>
File: 1445975383791.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1445975383791.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>>9225119

>2000s literature is ... ?

>cynicism, guilt, self-hatred, narcissism, obsession with comparison, moral superiority, class warfare, negligence, technological advancement, abject terror at the hand of constant endless anxieties predicated on senseless complexities, marketing, institutional failure, socioeconomics, false idols, lack of discipline
>>
>>9225915
sure is summer in here
>>
>>9225889
>Was going to call you out for being underage
>Google first
>Feel old as shit
Fuck you, my dude.
>>
>>9225119
Meme-tier beastly idiocy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.