[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the weird frontier between internet culture and the continental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1484364526801[1].png (241KB, 623x287px) Image search: [Google]
1484364526801[1].png
241KB, 623x287px
the weird frontier between internet culture and the continental tradition
are these guys the saviors of philosophy?
>>
>>9224575
Does Land have any longer texts I can read? I find his website and articles interesting, but I'd like to find a more continuous version of his thinking.

I often feel like he's alluding to things I should have already read, things he wrote before.
>>
>>9224586
sounds like a charlatan
>>
>>9224586
his books are great
>>
Nick Land is David from Prometheus. If given the chance he woulds sell us all out to a entity from another plane or synthetics. I bet he is a worshiper of some kind of twisted chaotic entity. He is a tzimisce in human flesh, if such a thing is possible. Capitalism is going to lead us to the next evolution of life, synthetic beings.
>>
>>9224575
Of course not.
>>
>>9224586
Fanged Noumena
>>
>>9224586
Fanged Noumena, but it's mostly gibberish.
>>
It's Nick Land and who is the Dark Souls character and the guy holding a PS2?
>>
>>9226418
Icycalm on the right, dunno about the middle though
>>
>>9226418
>>9226439
Rei Koz

http://mundusmillennialis.com/
>>
>>9224586

Fanged Noumena has a few great pieces mixed in with weird shit, though a lot of the gibberish has some intent behind it.

Critique of Transcendental Miserablism is a huge kick in the dick to Marxism.

Barker Speaks is obliquely describing a cthonic nightmare lurking just beneath human understanding, broken up into digestible chunks by language which he posits as a sort of Geo-Freudian defense mechanism.

KatasoniX is an attempt to get past that semiotic limitation (remember, language deflects reality and can never grasp it) and transmit pure horror.

Overall I think the latter half of the book is best. The first half is meta-analysis of various philosophers and traditions and kind of interesting but very dry. The later essays are where you get the proper techno-horror we love Land for.
>>
>>9226623
this shit is terrible
>>
>>9226680
"THE BEGINNING & END OF THE LAND, THE BEGINNING & END OF THE OCEAN: EVERYTHING ENDS & BEGINS AT THE BEACH."

I like this one
>>
>>9224575
the weird frontier between shitposting and philosophical discussion
is this guy the savor of /lit/?
>>
>>9226691
you bet, kiddo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.