[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pig=man Seriously? I bet Orwell giggled to himself when he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: animal-farm-cover-image.jpg (165KB, 970x1600px) Image search: [Google]
animal-farm-cover-image.jpg
165KB, 970x1600px
>pig=man
Seriously? I bet Orwell giggled to himself when he first thought of this and later when he wrote it down.
>>
>>9223931
Keep in mind that Orwell was for a time a failed small farmer and developed a disdain for pigs from the experience.
>>
>>9223931
I hear that burning human bodies smell like bacon.
>>
>hmm I really don't like how the Soviets are running things
>I know! I'll right a novel about the Russian revolution and subsequent corruption using barnyard animals as metaphors! Stalin is a pig haha

Why didn't he just write like a paragraph, writing a whole story seems excessive
>>
>>9223969
Unless bodies burning from car crashes produce a different smell, that's not the case in my experience.
>>
>>9223985
>he doesn't appreciate one of the best written fables of the modern era
>>
>>9224006
I do appreciate it, but it seems a bit heavy handed to me.
>>
>>9223996
Once you get past all the burned hair, burning human flesh smells similar to pork.
>>
>>9224040
if you think it's purely about the Russian revolution and not just tyranny in general, then you should read some critiques on the book
>>
>>9224058
Orwell specifically said the book was about the Russian revolution. Maybe it can be taken as a general story of tyranny but it was definitely intended to be an allegory for the Soviet Union.
>>
Pig are politicians, idiot
>>
>>9224076
>an allegory for the Soviet Union.
true, but it's still a rather broad stroke. I'm not denying it's based on the Russian Revolution, but viewing it through such a thick lens is not satisfying.

For example, notice how there's a Trotsky and Stalin pig and no Lenin pig. In 1984, there's a Big Brother Stalin and a Goldstein Trotsky but no Lenin. It's a deliberate omission that a lot of people somehow managed to miss out
>>
>>9224098
at the end
>>
File: tmp_6605-hqdefault195286821.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6605-hqdefault195286821.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
NAPOLEON, OÄTS?
>>
>>9224052
I'll try to pay attention to this next time I see smoldering corpses on the side of the road
>>
>>9224107
Didn't you read the book? Lenin was the pig that died at the beginning
>>
>>9224685
Weird, I always thought of Old Major as Marx.
>>
>>9224724
I think he represented a mixture of Marx/engels/Lenin. The ones who had the communist vision that fell apart once Stalin took control.
>>
>>9223931
Isn't it disdainful towards the pigs to be compared to men?
>>
>>9224594
post pics when it happens
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.