[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw born in a romance country >all the academic latinisms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1488181735786.png (357KB, 501x586px) Image search: [Google]
1488181735786.png
357KB, 501x586px
>tfw born in a romance country
>all the academic latinisms germanicucks labor to comprehend are colloquial day-to-day speech over here
>I'm better at English for being born in one of these countries than a below-average vocabulary native speaker of the language
>>
>>9222823
>are
>>
>>9222823
What is the antonym of autistic?
>>
File: hanku hirr.jpg (9KB, 204x248px) Image search: [Google]
hanku hirr.jpg
9KB, 204x248px
>>9222850
He is correct, you know. His sentence structure is just weird.

He means "Germanicucks labor to comprehend the academic latinisms which in our nation ("over here") ARE day-to-day speech."

>>9222823
So what you're saying OP, is that you are socially, economically, and geographically privileged to have received a better education than most, and for this you give thanks to Circumstance, without which you may have been born a flea.
>>
>>9222877
>falling for the 'accident of birth' meme
>>
so let me get this straight, you're better at english because you understand some words derived from latin with more ease than an anglo? what about literally every other word, not latin-based? your 'talent' is so narrow it's essentially useless.

jesus west europe is so fucking poor and without achievement in the last 2000 years that they have to resort to making themselves feel better with these shit posts.
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>9222932

Wonderful.
>>
>>9222877
>He means "Germanicucks labor to comprehend the academic latinisms which in our nation ("over here") ARE day-to-day speech."
My native language is a romance language and I got that immediately. Are romance languages actually superior to English? It seems like people from continental Europe can easily understand every kind of sentence structure and articulate the most complex ones (and in English, I mean).
>>
>>9222920
>so narrow

~ 40% of English words are derived from Latin and/or Greek. It's definitely a boost.
>>
>>9223021

And most of us know the majority of them. OP is talking about latinisms which are usually considered snobbish anyway so nobody uses them.
>>
>>9223034
Yeah. One example I use a lot is ameliorate. It's a very fancy word in English but in French it's commonplace
>>
>>9222999
As an english speaker I have a far easier time with franco-latinate etymology and relative meaning than germanic.

The core of our language is germanic and really obscured to us because of its familiarity. The decking of our language is all romance, and we are so detached from it while simultaneously being steeped in Latin and Greek culture/language that the words are really easy to unravel.
>>
File: toi.png (19KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
toi.png
19KB, 500x590px
>tfw born in germanic country
>all the academic latinisms romanicucks struggle to distinguish from similiar yet different colloquial speech are taught at high school over here
>I'm better at English for being born in one of these countries than an above-average vocabulary native speaker of the language
>>
>>9222907
>I'm only 18
What are you bragging about? There's kids half your age who already know or are learning a third language.
>>
>tfw speak Russian natively
A-at least I can read muh Chekhov
>>
Imagine the horror of speaking mangled, simplified, peasant version of Latin natively. I'd literally shoot myself if I were you, Oppie
>>
File: 14603045517100.png (138KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
14603045517100.png
138KB, 600x600px
>>9224400
>implying Russian isn't the most patrician language after Fingolian and Hungarian
>>
>>9224521
>>9224400
Пpивeт двaчик
>>
There are some crazy digits in this thread
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.