[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could write romance novels and make money, would you do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

If you could write romance novels and make money, would you do it? The only catch is it will forever cheapen your dignity to see them outsell your masterpieces 100 to 1. Is it worth it in the end??
>>
>>9218593
Sure, as long as I could use a pseudonym
>>
sure.

Of course, there's a misperception that romance writers are just hacks, and anyone could do it.

If you believe that, try writing a romance novel yourself. You'll probably find it impossible.

That's because even though they're shitty books, it actually does take a special talent to write them, and the people who do so don't actually think of themselves as hacks, and they genuinely believe in the genre. That may make them morons, but they're genuine at least.
>>
>>9218612
This, desu. I can have fun writing shitty romances. I'll write my own works under a different name as passion products.
>>
>>9218621
are you calling john green idiot????
>>
>>9218621
This guy knows it, I tried writing one to see if I could make some money out of it and it turns out to be fucking hard to do. You have to go into a mindset that most people can't. I feel its specially hard for men since you have to appeal to the most primal needs of women and then you have to go one step ahead and give them something they didn't even know they wanted.
>>
>>9219115
>>9218621
The top selling authors of all time on amazon, have a bunch of hack romance authors, right alongside tolkien, king, are these romance cunts no ones ever heard about writing about 'bad boy alpha males'. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.