[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good lord, how did this shit get approved? It's some of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Good lord, how did this shit get approved? It's some of the worst fan-fiction I've ever read and somehow it's been made into a huge stage production and published. And to make matters worse, I have to go and see the damn play with my Potter-obsessed girlfriend.
At least the movie with the autist and his suitcase had cool monsters and Colin Ferrell...
>>
>his girlfriend likes Harry Potter

I pity you anon, because mine likes it too
>>
File: photo-231.webm (474KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
photo-231.webm
474KB, 640x800px
>>9215137
She doesn't like it, she fucking LOVES it. She was like 7 when Pottermania took off, and that shit lasted for so long that it's just ingrained in her DNA. We live very close to Universal Studios LA so we've been to there about 25 times(in the 13 months we've been dating) just to go to the Harry Potter section of the park. And we took a trip to Orlando to visit the larger Harry Potter world at Universal Orlando. And next month we're going to London for Cursed Child, the studio tour of the Harry Potter movies, and shop they have at King's Cross Station. And she's already talking about a trip to Japan to visit Universal Tokyo for the Harry Potter world there. Oh, and her apartment is Gryffindor themed.
It's too much.
>>
>>9215131
Anything Rowling did after the last book has been shit
>>
>>9215212
Dump her. She's a fundamentalist.
>>
>>9215240
She didn't write it. She just approved it. But she did write Fantastic Beasts, which was pretty enjoyable.
>>9215249
wat
>>
>Friend tells me voldemort had a fucking daughter
>Thinks she's fucking around
>Shes not
Literally the plot of every shitty self insert fanfic
They even chose to focus on time travel, the most half added aspect of her magic. Which is saying something
>>
>>9215212

Sounds braindead. You must be too
>>
Cursed Child hate is the easiest thing ever. For what it was, a nostalgia play about Harry Potter, it isn't THAT bad. Whether what it set out to be was a necessary thing is debatable, but it didn't fail at its goals like Deathly Hallows did

Viewing it as an actual sequel is really dumb and why people irrationally hate it so much.
>>
>>9215623
>For what it was, a nostalgia play about Harry Potter, it isn't THAT bad
That's just wrong, mate. The hate is easy because it really is an embarrassment. It fails to capture any of the not-so-capacious charm Rowling seeded in her books. I really could not find a single compliment to give this play.
>>
>>9215131

Did the playwright of Cursed Child realize how similar his story was to the notorious fan fiction parody?
>>
>>9215623
>For what it was, a nostalgia play about Harry Potter, it isn't THAT bad
Bullshit. It tries to cash in nostalgia by focusing on all the shit no one cares about but none of the shit people actually care about. And it just feels nothing like a Harry Potter story. The Potter books are essentially whodunits with kid wizards, but Cursed Child just throws in a "Oh yeah, and i'm a bad guy" moment arbitrarily without setting up any sort of mystery. The story is exactly the same whether or not that bad guy is a bad guy, which is just shitty storytelling.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.