[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

“Donne’s approach to love is often surprising and bizarre.”

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: JOHNO.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
JOHNO.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
“Donne’s approach to love is often surprising and bizarre.”
What is your response to this statement /lit/?
>>
Sounds like butt stuff desu
>>
>>9214314
Well? The conceits are bizarre by intent, while the notion of love in him, over time, becomes more and more generalized. As well as his notion of death: do not ask for whom the bell tolls, is a classic instance: It tolls for thee. Recognized or not, we're all saturated in love and death, and this is a problem. Like the Earl of Rochester he began as a rake, but unlike the Earl he lived it out and became a divine. The poetry and the sermons are alike fantastic.
>>
>>9214314
Dude was writing erotic lesbian fan fiction about the poet Sappho long before it was considered socially acceptable to address the fact she was gay (rumours abound that her more erotic works were purged in ritualistic book burnings of the 12th century).

Also he had a weird erotic fascination with the epiphanic moment of being touched by God, usually figured through images of rape and pillaging. Pretty edgy imo but his love poetry is a thing of beauty
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.