[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to study Computer Science, but I don't have the money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1470331222027.jpg (215KB, 1058x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1470331222027.jpg
215KB, 1058x1058px
I want to study Computer Science, but I don't have the money to go to school. Rec me some books, lists, or syllabus I should check for a freshman level, Lit.
>>
>asking CS advice on literature board
if this is your sense of humor - kill yourself
if this is actually sincere - kill yourself
read SICP, TAOCP and Concrete Mathematics
practice more than you read
also kill yourself
sage
>>
>>9213853
sorry you're having a bad day, sugar. I'm mainly asking for book recs.
>>
>>9213839
Being good at computer science means being resourceful. Go to /sci/ and read their wiki you retard.
>>
>>9213839
Why do you want to go to college if you're too muh of a brainlet to get a scholarship?
>>
Im a CS student, most people on my course have never read a book on the subject

Just buy any book on a language you want to learn, choose one on Amazon that looks good, most people would recommend a Python book, go through it and do all the examples

There is a free Ebook called "Learning Python" from Packt publishing, if you went through it fully youd have enough knowledge, once you know the language you can make your own projects

Most programmers rarely read anything, they learn the basics and then just use stackoverflow and learn from their own projects
>>
>>9214162
>Most programmers rarely read anything, they learn the basics and then just use stackoverflow
These are code monkeys who get replaced by pajeets in a blink of an eye. If you want to work as a developer anywhere serious there's no getting out of learning the theory.
>>
>>9214178
This isnt true at all
I got a job in HFT with just a BSc
Most CS students with BSc's read the first chapter in their Java textbook and then just used internet tutorials
>>
File: csbook.jpg (34KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
csbook.jpg
34KB, 333x499px
Ask on /g/ instead, I know however that this book is usually among the recommended.
>>
>>9213839
start with the greeks

specifically aristotle's organon
>>
>>9214178
that much theory is pretty unnecessary. The important stuff like inheritance, polymorphism, and big O are covered in most "intro" books
>>
>>9214262
>important stuff like inheritance, polymorphism
>being this much of brainless java.net nigger
You are a prime example of a code monkey, my mang.
>>
>>9214227
>>9214162

thanks. Already checked /sci/ and /g/, only wanted to see if Lit could rec me some other stuff.
>>
>>9214292
lol
>>
>>9214227
This could make a good vaporwave cover
>>
>>9213839
Look at this dumbass.

Programming-motherfucker.com

Go crazy
>>
gentooman library
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.