[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at this shit. Reddit was completely unable to answer my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: annoyed_alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
Look at this shit. Reddit was completely unable to answer my question with anything other than sophistry and appeals to social conventions.

These people fucking go on and on about how the study of philosophy requires massive amounts of "critical thinking" but when you question their assumptions suddenly they go crazy and claim, "Well we shouldn't bother questioning that!"

>inb4 "why not ask 4chan"

I have, but you guys ignore stuff due to shitposting elsewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/5ya5hm/what_does_concept1_say_we_should_do_what_is_its/
>>
[–]penispenis9 2 Punkte vor 16 Stunden

The arbitrary creation of a concept by a person sitting in a room thinking about something is not analogous to the creation of the concept of morality. Morality didn't come from nowhere, it has a real history. Bad analogy. All creation is not equal

OP btfo by a redditor. SAD!
>>
It's worth investigating because we have strong intuitions about what concept1 says we should do in certain situations, so it's useful to try to formalize those intuitions together into some coherent generalization so that we know what the concept1 recommendation is for more ambiguous situations, where we intuitively want to follow concept1 but don't as easily intuit the right course of action. It's precisely because we want to develop coherent theories of action that follow certain of our concept1 intuitions that generalizations are interesting.
>>
>ask* subreddits
Jesus Anon those are almost as bad as the bad* subreddits, why would you even bother?
>>
>>9212652

>a half assed attempt to appeal to the perceived importance that society places upon the concept "morality"
>regards to acknowledge the infinite possible criteria (and criteria for choosing criteria, ad infinitum) that could be used for judging "creations"

Typical philosophy phan. He appeals to popular thinking instead of acknowledging the infinite possible viewpoints. He sticks his head in the sand if you claim there are infinitely many possible views and that Philosophy as practised by academia has not exhausted all possibilities.
>>
>>9212660

Refuses, not regards
>>
>>9212652
>OP btfo by a redditor. SAD!
And he discredited most philosophers. Who knew leddit contained such incredible power?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.