[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is absolutely no fucking way a less-than 15 year old g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

There is absolutely no fucking way a less-than 15 year old girl wrote such profound thoughts and high quality prose.

http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3532896-het-achterhuis-dagboekbrieven-14-juni-1942---1-augustus-1944
>>
>>9211694
She was Jewish though, so she was smarter and more eloquent than you were at that age
>>
>>9211694
It was co-authored by Otto Frank, Anne’s father, after the war.
>>
having some real problems lets you mature quiet quickly
>>
>>9211694
This definitely happened LOL.
>>
Translated Text
>I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.

Original Text
>All this war is yuck! :( There's still some pretty flowers.
>>
>>9211694
His father helped he revising it, also you should notice that she intended to publish it, and that in the later months of his life she started editing it.

Of course she was extremely smart for a 15 year old, but you should still keep in mind that her diary was polished before getting published.
>>
Anyone else remember when Justin Bieber said that if she was alive she'd be a "belieber"?
>>
File: 0000.gif (986KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
0000.gif
986KB, 500x263px
>Mfw I read this in its original language

Finally I can show off
>>
>>9212355
kek
>>
>>9212342
>classic jew

we are getting cremated. how can we somehow shill this?
>>
>>9212420
She got captured in the August of '44, when she was editing she was fairly sure that she was going to survive the war.
Regardless, she was stuck in a attic, what was she supposed to do? Writing and chitchatting were the only things she was able to do at the time.

His dad edited out certain parts (mostly about Anne's sexual discoveries), that's it.
>>
>>9212444
why would you edit your diary if you don't want to publish it, aka get rich

that god damn fucker. that would have been the best parts. is there any way this will ever get published uncensored?
>>
>>9211866
This
>>
>>9212444
>dad edited out certain parts (mostly about Anne's sexual discoveries), that's it.
That really is a shame. It would be bad to remove anything because the book is about her experience, it's not like removing the detail of someone's hair color in a novel, it lessens the whole thing.
Especially sexual aspects though, going through puberty in a very small confined space with many others is probably pretty affecting psychologically.
If she saw anything as important enough to write down, then it should published as part of the whole thing.
>>
>>9211866
lel I want so hard for her to have written a sad face.
>>
>Dutch literature
>only books remotely worth reading are WWII novels
>most well known book is written by a 15 year old girl
Kek
Seriously though, is there good Dutch literature? I gave up on it completely after the books that were required reading in high school for Russian and English literature and never looked back.
>>
File: annefrank_1.jpg (18KB, 432x243px) Image search: [Google]
annefrank_1.jpg
18KB, 432x243px
>>9213023
why not happy faces?
>>
>>9211866
Lmao holy fuck I was thinking that.
>>
>>9212447
>why would you edit your diary if you don't want to publish it, aka get rich
Maybe she wanted to publish her diary to give a honest report on what she had to go through under the nazi regime.

>>9212923
Integral versions of the diary are now available.
>>
>>9213322
Nescio.
See NYRB - Amsterdam Stories
>>
>>9211694
It's actually admitted that her father meddled in it. As in, you could read it on Wikipedia and news sites.

It just hasn't entered the public consciousness yet (if it ever will) because we're all dumbasses and don't want our pretty illusions to die away.
>>
>>9213385
Holy shit, nevermind ... apparently the mass consensus changed from a few months, I now cannot find anything about it while googling it. Not gonna delete that post because maybe other people remember it happening too?
>>
>>9213403
Sorry, I don't wanna keep making posts instead of putting it all in one post, but I distinctly remember a controversy about the "ballpoint pen" issue, which didn't exist when Anne was writing it. I distinctly remember it being authenticated and even on Wikipedia, but now it appears it's been removed. Some 1984 memory-hole shit??
>>
>>9213322
Don't loose your time with German litterature and read French litterature
>>
>>9213410
in the german wiki, it states that he deleted an entry that he wasn't fond of (it was about him), and that he didn't include anne's latest version of the intoduction to the diary. however, there should be a new version that includes both.
nothing is mentioned about the sexual stuff.
>>
>>9213385
His father meddled only with the grammar, and changed certain parts regarding Anne's first sexual experience and Anne's angst against people who eventually ended up dying in a nazi camp.
That said, apart from these details (that are not trivial, since this is a historic document, but also are not relevant enough to obscure the value of this recorded experience, wich was for the most part unaltered) he also edited even more the grammar and syntax.
You may think that it is unforgivable, but I think that the essence of that book is still there. He didn't really meddle with the oppression, the fear, the childish hope, the societal failing. That was true and that's still there.
>>
>>9211694
Normies legitimately don't understand the concept of literary translation
They probably think that she wrote with those complex prose when some try hard professor spiced up the entire thing
>>
>>9213428
a school in virginia obviously also left parts away because they are "too explicit" (anne talking in detail about the look of her outer genitals).
>>
File: 1456934340692.png (294KB, 1299x767px) Image search: [Google]
1456934340692.png
294KB, 1299x767px
>>9212355
>>
>>9213443
as it seems, her father and a dramatic adviser have fiddled with the wording (meyer levin).
>>
>>9213428
>>9213429
Thank you for this, but I remember very specifically a controversy about the ballpoint pen. The point is, it turned out the diary was written with a ballpoint pen, when ballpoint pens weren't in Germany at that supposed time period, only in the 1950s, or at least a good deal of it was in ballpoint pen.

Now, it appears only 2 of the pages were in ballpoint pen, which pages have been removed, and I can't find any information about the revelation I remember having read of.
>>
>>9213459
>it turned out the diary was written with a ballpoint pen
as much as I remember only the parts her father corrected were written with a ballpoint pen
>>
>>9213459
Neo-nazis have tried to discredit the diary for 70 years now. If it's not peer-reviewed don't even bother, the amount of speculation behind that diary equates the amount of speculation of holocaust-deniers.
Also keep in mind that the original papers are now owned by the Dutch Government, wich found certain traces of forging (a few added pages, the grammar and syntax was improved, Anne's first sexual discoveries and unfavorable opinions on people died in the holocoust were meddled out), and now integral editions are available.
>>
>>9211694

Ashkenazi Jews tend to have the highest IQs in the world. Not really a surprise.
>>
>>9212355
lmao now that you say it
>>
>>9213464
i found a pretty extensive article about the ballpoint (and editing) issue. but it's in german.
apparently, it was written after 1951. and that's confirmed by the german federal office of criminal investigation

here's the link

http://m.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-14317313.html
>>
>>9213508
From wikipedia:
The Netherlands Institute for War Documentation commissioned a forensic study of the manuscripts after the death of Otto Frank in 1980. The material composition of the original notebooks and ink, and the handwriting found within them and the loose version were extensively examined. In 1986, the results were published: the handwriting attributed to Anne Frank was positively matched with contemporary samples of Anne Frank's handwriting, and the paper, ink, and glue found in the diaries and loose papers were consistent with materials available in Amsterdam during the period in which the diary was written.[45]

The survey of her manuscripts compared an unabridged transcription of Anne Frank's original notebooks with the entries she expanded and clarified on loose paper in a rewritten form and the final edit as it was prepared for the English translation. The investigation revealed that all of the entries in the published version were accurate transcriptions of manuscript entries in Anne Frank's handwriting, and that they represented approximately a third of the material collected for the initial publication. The magnitude of edits to the text is comparable to other historical diaries such as those of Katherine Mansfield, Anaïs Nin and Leo Tolstoy in that the authors revised their diaries after the initial draft, and the material was posthumously edited into a publishable manuscript by their respective executors, only to be superseded in later decades by unexpurgated editions prepared by scholars.[46]
As reported in The New York Times in 2015, "When Otto Frank first published his daughter's red-checked diary and notebooks, he wrote a prologue assuring readers that the book mostly contained her words".[47] Despite the many claims by holocaust deniers such as Robert Faurisson that Anne Frank's diary was fabricated,[48][49] critical and forensic studies of the text and the original manuscript have supported its authenticity.[45]
>>
>>9213508
What are you talking about?

>Ein Teil der ins Original geschriebenen Einfügungen, die bislang stets als schriftgleich mit dem übrigen Text galten, sind mit Kugelschreibpaste geschrieben, entstammen also der Zeit nach 1951 -- Einführungsjahr des Kugelschreibers.
Exactly what I said, the parts the father corrected were written with a ballpoint pen.

>Weitere Untersuchungen allerdings förderten kein Fälschungsindiz zutage.
>further investigations showed that there was no proof for a falsification

>So unterscheidet sich laut BKA-Befund das Schreibpapier "materialmäßig" nicht von Papieren, wie sie bereits während des II. Weltkrieges auf dem Markt erhältlich waren.
>in short: World War II paper

> Nicht anders beim Schreibstoff, "ausnahmslos Eisengallustinten mit hohem Eisengehalt", wie sie schon "während des II. Weltkrieges und in den ersten Jahren danach im Handel erhältlich waren".
>World War II ink

>Ob das vorgelegte Material "tatsächlich zum angegebenen Zeitpunkt gefertigt oder erst einige Jahre später niedergeschrieben worden ist", mochten die BKA-Leute nicht entscheiden.
This only says that there is a possibility that it was written down a few years after the war but still _no_ evidence for this claim
>>
>>9213508
her father said he transcribed the whole thing after the war (how convenient... now the shole diary is in HIS handwriting) and edited a lot when doing so (mainly sexual content and "mean" passages about the mom). later it also got edited by a church member (hue hue, i wonder what they left away). and then it underwent another modification by the publisher because "you can't write rude names for the germans if you want germans to buy the book".
>>
>>9213534
We actually still have the original papers written by Anne herself during the war.
>>
>>9211694
It may be impossible with someone from murica who was never used to a proper education system but 14 year olds in the rest of the world are smart enough to write such a "masterpiece".
>>
File: 22424.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
22424.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>9213345
>"This is a picture as how I wish to be forever, then I'd have a change to make it to Hollywood."

Thanks Anne Frank, now I'm sad.
>>
Stop being mean to my gf
>>
>>9214148
I live in the street her house is in, I'm going to kiss her on those sweet Jewy lips.
>>
File: image.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>9213345
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.