[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend me something for the general overview of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1479808680036.jpg (60KB, 634x477px) Image search: [Google]
1479808680036.jpg
60KB, 634x477px
Can anyone recommend me something for the general overview of mankind and history? Maybe a series of books or ones by different authors encompassing different time periods? It's not one of my strong suits and I'd like the brush up. Someone told me Susan Wise Bauer The Story of The World but I read some reviews and shes a bit of a religion nut and I'd kind of like to stay away from that. Thanks.
>>
>>9211226
Rise of the West by William McNeill is what you want.
much more analytical even on religion

though the history of religion is essential to the history of civilization.
>>
>>9211389
Looks good! Thanks checking it out now!
>>
>>9211389
Shit this actually took me forever to find, ended up getting a epub copy from some archive then converting it to a pdf. Looks good though!
>>
>>9211615
I was lucky to find a nice hardcover in a used bookstore
>>
Sophie's World
it's a novel that gives a simple explanation of just about every philosopher in chronological order
>>
>>9211226
Cartoon History of the Universe is what you want.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.