[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which society is a more realistic vision of the future? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dmg_sheeply4.jpg (21KB, 349x280px) Image search: [Google]
dmg_sheeply4.jpg
21KB, 349x280px
Which society is a more realistic vision of the future?

My vote is Brave New World.
>>
>>9210573
Bumping with my idea:
Brave New World
>apathy ensured through freely available drugs

Meanwhile 1984 is dependent on igorance, yet they don't bother to suppress an entire half of the population, not to mention the incredibly messy censorship system
>>
>>9210573
The American future is closer to Brave New World.
The European future is closer to 1984
>>
>>9211176
1984 depends on ignorance and fear.

ignorance is easy. you just dry up funding for schools, america being a case in point. fear is easy; give them an enemy they can't touch but who can hurt them.

it's been a while since i read Brave New World, so i can't remember how they got around the problem of feeding all those mass-produced people.
>>
BNW is just the terminal state of 1984's society, after the oppressive apparatus has become obsolete and withered away.

They're not some kind of dichotomy. BNW is 1984 a few hundred years in the future.
>>
>>9211180
How do you mean? Isn't it the US who has the more complete surveillance apparatus?

>>9211227
This is the most interesting post I've read on /lit/ in a while
>>
>>9210573
Hunger Games
>>
>>9211243
I don't want to start some US vs EU shitflinging contest, but where do you live?

You can say the US has a "complete surveillance apparatus" but not anymore than the EU, than Russia, than China.
>>
China and North Korea are 1984. The US is BNW.
>>
USA
I thought we are a combo of BNW and 1984.

We lean more towards BNW though because of lust.
>>
>>9211294

Wasn't it just revealed in the last few days that the CIA has access to unresolved security exploits in basically every device and program you own and can go as far as to remotely disable your car on the highway if they want you dead?
>>
>>9211466
No, it wasn't, at least not any more than any other hacker has the ability to.
>>
>>9210573
They are literally both happening as we speak.
>>
File: 76171.jpg (118KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
76171.jpg
118KB, 313x475px
Hey brother, My journal is pretty good one to start with. Utopia can be achieved when people give up their desires, passion and lust.Living and working for the almighty Lord there would be never ending happiness and you would never have the feeling of murder or rape since you would have no soul.Bless the Benefactor I have overcome the disease called "Soul".
It is not possible for you the ancients to have a Benefactor but you can bound to the rules of Lord Jesus Christ since our Benefactor's and Lord Jesus Christ's vision is the same.

~ D-503
>>
>>9211294
How does the EU have a complete surveillance apparatus in any respect? EU regulations about data privacy are ahead of anywhere else afaik

I'm excluding Britain here.
>>
Politics is shifting from imposing security and control to imposing sexual deviance and hedonism.

>implying there isn't a major push for OrgyPorgy and Soma use

We BNW now
>>
>>9211303
This.
The US and the developed capitalist stage is BNW.
North Korea and the other crazy bureaucratic dictatorships that are left in the world are 1984.
The rest, like the Third World, is pretty variable, depending much on the local history and society, and probably include some aspects of one dystopia and some of the other.
In general, I'd say we're leaning towards BWN, with some 1984 still alive.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.