[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

741. The stronger you grow, the less real the world seems to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: c.png (130KB, 220x279px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
130KB, 220x279px
741. The stronger you grow, the less real the world seems to be. Baudrillard suffered from this phenomenon as if from a disease; he was sufficiently strong to perceive the world losing its reality before his awesome analytical power, but not strong enough (which is to say not intelligent enough, since at this level of strength, power and intelligence are the same thing, as the rest of the body's contribution to the former, in the form of physical strength, becomes negligible) to analyze precisely this reality loss and understand it, and therefore see it as natural and necessary and good.

But let's analyze it now. Why does this phenomenon occur? Because reality=power, just as fantasy=weakness (the people who live most in their imagination are the insane). Therefore, the stronger you grow, the weaker the rest of the universe becomes (otherwise you wouldn't have grown stronger), and therefore the less real it seems to be because it is less real=less powerful compared to you, now that you've become stronger. The child takes the reality of the world as a given, because children are extremely weak, but for the genius life seems as "a dream within a dream", in Poe's words. As the world becomes ever weaker, in comparison to the genius's growing intelligence, it becomes so flimsy and ethereal as to be almost imaginary, at which point by a flick of a switch in his brain the genius can set off such a tremendous chain reaction of events as to reshape the world into whatever he wants by nothing more than... "mere" will.
>>
Well that's just your opinion man.

You're quote wasn't any more substantial than Baudrillard's position.
>>
>>9209826
Why is Alex Kierkegaard so cringey?

I want to shove him into a fucking locker. He reminds me of a kid who got bullied but didn't get bullied enough and became a megalomaniac to compensate for it. I want to break his teeth and neck so as to permanently humble this nerdy douchebag.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.