[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Lovecraft's best work or collection of works? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: qQTfxx4.jpg (88KB, 1280x850px)
qQTfxx4.jpg
88KB, 1280x850px
What is Lovecraft's best work or collection of works? I am currently reading The Shadow over Innsmouth.
>>
>>9209000
I'm bumping this so you have a chance at someone answering your question.

Also, Google.
>>
Necronomicon
>>
File: 1459291567225.jpg (35KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1459291567225.jpg
35KB, 500x335px
>when Rats in the Walls is a masterpiece but you can't share it with anyone because it says nigger
>when Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath is great but no one reads it because it doesn't have muh Cthulhu
take these feels as bumps
>>
>God Tier: At the Mountains of Madness, Color Out of Space, Rats in the Walls, Nyarlathotep

>Good Tier: Dagon, most of the micro-fiction, Music of Erich Zann

>Okay Tier: a lot of the lower-end lol spooked ya stories like Cool Air, I put The Outsider here too though if you read it with Ligotti's addendum (The Fabulous Alienation of the Outsider, Being of No Fixed Abode) it's great.

>Shit Tier: The Thing on the Doorstep, all the shit where Derleth took Lovecraft's notes, wrote a story on them, and called it a "collaboration"

Fuck August Derleth.
>>
>>9210695
Oops, forgot some.

Herbert West Reanimator is beyond shit tier but everyone knows that.

The Hound I"d put in good or okay, it's very lol spooked ya but I like it.

Shadow Out of Time I'll put in good.

I can't decide if Music of Erich Zann is good or god so I'll leave it there in the middle; Ligotti has a great essay on why it's one of his best stories.
>>
>>9210695
>August Derleth
I agree. Though he did a lot to popularize Lovecraft's works, all his contributions take the novel cosmic horror elements established by Lovecraft and the rest of the Lovecraft Circle and turn them into trite black-and-white morality adventure romps, all the while toting about his dumb space library like it was the coolest thing ever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.