[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does reading really make you smarter besides "learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does reading really make you smarter besides
"learning new words"?
I watched Stuck In Love and I really want to get into reading now
>>
>>9208179
No.
>>
learning new words is alteady being smarter...
it can provoke independent thinking, so yes. but it's not an indicator of intelligence. you can read the canons and still be an idiot
>>
>>9208200
Thanks
>>
>>9208179
All reading does is expose you to the thoughts of others. Adobe of those have contemplated an issue in much more depth than the average person so in that sense exposing yourself to it makes you "smarter" because you let someone shine a light on it for you and point out the intricacies. But it doesn't make you smarter in the sense that you yourself will gain that talent, and the hazard is that you will become insufferable and pretentious.
>>
>>9208282
Some*
>>
>>9208179
>Reading because of a movie
Don't, you'll get tired before completing the basics.
>>9208282
Studies confirm reading McElroy raises your IQ in 1-5 points.
>>
>>9208291
>reading McElroy raises your IQ in 1-5 points
That only works if yours is two digits.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.