[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between Hegel's and Marx's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What's the difference between Hegel's and Marx's dialectic.

Just started reading Hegel and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference. From hat I can tell his own dialectic is largely compatible with materialism.
>>
>>9207429
tits
>>
All the interesting conclusions in Hegel are replaced by surface-level political and economic observations
>>
>>9207433
>all things exist in constant motion interacting and acting upon each other thereby changing each other's qualities. i.e. thesis, antitheses, synthesis
So to read it like this is basically correct?
>>
>>9207429
Roughly I'd say that Marx's dialectic is a result ; it's concluded from the observation of history, from the study of societies as they actually exist or existed. Hegel's dialectic is not a result, it's rather a premise that determines how reality should be studied and understood.

One consequence that derives from this difference is that Hegel will ignore the part of "reality" that does not fall under his view of dialectics and how spirit has to accomplish itself and reveal itself. There's a difference in Hegel between the 'actual' reality (wirklich) and that part of reality that is not 'necessary', that is not meaningful, that does not accomplish any kind of progress related to spirit and the self-revelation of spirit. For instance, sub-Saharan Africa is contingent, not 'wirklich' ; it could as well not have existed.
>>
penis in vagina
>>
>>9208386
Hegel's dialect is the concept.of the dialecet of Hegel and Marx uses it?
>>
>>9208386
>For instance, sub-Saharan Africa is contingent, not 'wirklich' ; it could as well not have existed.

wtf i love heggel now
>>
>>9207430
lips
>>
>>9207429
what does Hegel mean by determinationn its everywhere and Ive looked 20 dictionaries and I cant pick a definition that wouls make sense
>>
>>9208636
I'd say (that's debatable and I don't' read Hegel in German) : "determination" is the fact that a concept becomes more accurate (becomes fully what it is) by transforming reality, by getting embodied into something actual and particular. If I remember, that's what Hegel sometimes call an "idea". The idea is the concept that has become real, that is, that is determined.

>>9208550
Hmm not exactly, rather :
Marx : let's study reality -> oh it develops following some dialectic process
Hegel : I'm autistic, everything has to be dialectic -> what does not follow that pattern is not completely "real" (wirklich). Only what is rational, is wirklich. (for instance my single existence as an individual browsing /lit/ is not very wirklich)
>>
>>9208696
Thanks for the determination bit. This translation is hard to read desu, Im doing guessworks with the references in the sentences.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.