[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daydreams are a sort of wish fulfillment in freudian psychoanalysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1488316209642.jpg (109KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488316209642.jpg
109KB, 540x960px
Daydreams are a sort of wish fulfillment in freudian psychoanalysis right? What does it mean when I constantly daydream about being a really wise dude on TV, that I'm insecure about my intelligence/public speaking? Or is there something more to it?

pic unrelated
>>
>>9204788
>a sort of wish fulfillment in freudian psychoanalysis right?

No
>>
>>9204800
what no
>>
>>9204788
Need more context. Let /lit/ be analyst....
>>
>>9204800
I think what he meant to ask was:

"Are my day-dreams indicative of my desires, latent or otherwise?"

I don't remember, but Freud would probably say yes. He thought that dreams always indicated a secret want, so day dreams would probably mean the same thing to him.

That doesn't take much insight to figure out though, OP.

You seem to be making a logical jump, though. Just desiring something doesn't mean you're necessarily insecure about having it. It could just mean that you want it. You want people to respect you, and you want to be the center of attention, maybe. I dunno.
>>
>>9204824
However, later in his career, Freud abandoned the total centrality of the pleasure principle and proposed a corresponding "death-drive" (a "primary masochism," that is, a masochism that was not just natural sadism redirected inwards) that battled against the drive towards pleasure, making human beings sabotage themselves and re-enact their most painful experiences endlessly.

That doesn't really apply here, though, because I can't imagine how you daydream would be negative to you.
>>
>>9204788

Imitation is the easiest way to learn.

You're running a simulation in your head about the type of person you want to be. Or qualities in another person that you would like to have. You also want some public recognition/validation for it hence being on TV.
>>
File: 1486566134653.jpg (7KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486566134653.jpg
7KB, 249x249px
>>9204788
>What does it mean when I constantly daydream about being a really wise dude on TV, that I'm insecure about my intelligence/public speaking?

Sounds like you're getting PTSD from me BTFO of you here every day
>>
>>9204873
k
>>
File: mynig.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mynig.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
>>9204788
Does it matter if it makes sense?

Do you want to be the guy you're daydreaming about? Then become him nigga.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.