[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i went to the library today and got a few books. which one should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2792.jpg (31KB, 640x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2792.jpg
31KB, 640x309px
i went to the library today and got a few books. which one should i start with /lit/?

i got

kafka:
the judgement
the metamorphosis

nietzsche:
on music
untimely meditations
human, all-too-human
the dawn
the gay science
thus spoke zarahustra
beyond good and evil
on the genealogy of morality
the twilight of the idol
the antichrist
ecce homo
>>
What did the librarian say when you brought all of those to the counter?
>>
>>9203362
I'd say Beyond good and evil, or maybe The Metamorphosis while picking a few pages by Nietzsche here and there.
>>
>>9203362
how well-read are you op

idk if starting out on nietzsche is really the way to go unless if you're familiar with the philosophy leading up to it hence all the annoying redpill dudebros who eat up nietzsche
>>
>>9203413
you can check them out yourself. when i bring them back i will probably have to pay because i waited way roo long and get a stern look. but other than that, i don't think she will give a fuck

>>9203517
then i'll start with the metalorphosis.
i've already started with bgae once but that was long ago.
do you think it would make sense to read them in order?
>>
>>9203532
i'm not particularily well read. but it was basically the only worthwile lit in the library, so i figured i'll take it home and give it a try. nothing lost if i then have to go back and cement the philosophical fundament furter before going back to nietzsche again.

what are your personal must reads before him?
>>
>>9203537
>do you think it would make sense to read them in order?

I don't know Nietzsche well enough to say. I think BGAE is related to one part of the Genealogy (can't remember which one), but I found the Genealogy a little bit annoying / complicated, hard to grasp correctly without a commentary. Also if you read a good handful of Nietzsche, Twilight of the idols will probably not be needed (looks rewarmed).
>>
>>9203633
i think i will start in order (with on music) and read some kafka if i need a break.
thanks for the insightfull advice. i'll keep it in mind and maybe skip parts if i feel like it's getting too repetitive.
>>
the metamorphosis will take you like 30 minutes to get through so do that first. if you got the 'other stories' copy read letters to his father too.

thus spoke zarathustra is definitely worth prioritizing though. given its first impressions, i was really surprised by how much i liked that book.
>>
>>9203591
if you get the chance i'd go through russell's 'a history of western philosophy' which will give you a pretty starting ground
>>
>>9203702
thanks a lot for he suggestions. i think i'll start with on music but change that up to beyond good and evil or zarahustra if i feel like it. and i wanted to read the metamorphosis first, yes.
>>
>>9203713
i'll check if they have that at the library.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.