[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everything I write become a parody of what I was originally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Winnie-the-Pooh[1].jpg (17KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Winnie-the-Pooh[1].jpg
17KB, 640x360px
Why does everything I write become a parody of what I was originally going to write?
>>
Example this post: >>9201335
>>
>>9201335
Because your brain is wired for irony as a consequence of the age we live in.
Writing Don Quixote in the 20th century wouldn't make it as much of a masterpiece as it did back in the day. People CAN write like Shakespeare today by imitating him, but it wouldn't have much value as real Shakespeare. Every tempora needs new mores. You are probably only imitating writers you've read during your lifetime. Some people never find their voice, because they are stuck imitating. I think it's a special gift some writers have to be able to write like no one ever before them. Just read a lot. Study theory of literature. Avoid cliches, and remember that everything is a cliche. I don't know anon, it ain't easy a writer's craft.
>>
>>9201335
You use humor to avoid confronting your feelings.
>>
>>9202239
Hey my friend, any recs on studying the theory of literature? Where to start and such?
>>
File: frog deep thought.png (3KB, 314x264px) Image search: [Google]
frog deep thought.png
3KB, 314x264px
I think writing has the same problem that drawing has, when you start writing you do "symbol writing", ie youre reproducing what you think something looks like rather than putting down what is actually there
>>
>>9202258
René Wellek and Austin Warren's Theory of Literature is a good starting point
>>
>>9202272
Thank you. Are there any specific authors and/or works I should pay attention to?
>>
You have your head up your butt and you're too self-conscious. Try to work with other people for some time.
>>
>>9201335
you're infected with postmodernism.

read some knausgaard or tolstoy instead of vonnegut and douglas adams.

take a break from social media.

go outside.

do something good for someone.
>>
>>9202651
>do something good for someone.

why
>>
>>9202651
>you're infected with postmodernism.
I think this might be the problem.
>>
>>9201335
The irony of your writing is shield against criticism.
>>
What is "postmodernism"?
>>
>>9201335
because you're becoming a parody of yourself, anon.
>>
>>9202265
most accurate observation ever. 'symbol writing' is the downfall
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.