[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you want to get anything at all from Nietzsche, you have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: wagner standing.jpg (1MB, 2098x2681px) Image search: [Google]
wagner standing.jpg
1MB, 2098x2681px
If you want to get anything at all from Nietzsche, you have to get through me first. All my operas in full, you have to watch and listen to again and again, and understand. 14 or so hours of sheer beauty, motherfucker, I'd be surprised if you can get through a single act of Tristan und Isolde without being emotionally exhausted.

>mfw I have to listen to another pleb who speaks about symbolism, impressionism, romanticism, or any other styles in European art, all of which Wagner created, and he replies in the negative when I ask him if he knows his Wagner

>mfw people reading Nietzsche or Wilde or Rilke or literally anyone without knowing their Wagner

Charles Baudelaire, Stéphane Mallarmé and Paul Verlaine worshipped Wagner.[214] Édouard Dujardin, whose influential novel Les Lauriers sont coupés is in the form of an interior monologue inspired by Wagnerian music, founded a journal dedicated to Wagner, La Revue Wagnérienne, to which J. K. Huysmans and Téodor de Wyzewa contributed.[215] In a list of major cultural figures influenced by Wagner, Bryan Magee includes D. H. Lawrence, Aubrey Beardsley, Romain Rolland, Gérard de Nerval, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Rainer Maria Rilke and numerous others.[216]

In the 20th century, W. H. Auden once called Wagner "perhaps the greatest genius that ever lived",[217] while Thomas Mann[213] and Marcel Proust[218] were heavily influenced by him and discussed Wagner in their novels. He is also discussed in some of the works of James Joyce.[219] Wagnerian themes inhabit T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land, which contains lines from Tristan und Isolde and Götterdämmerung and Verlaine's poem on Parsifal.[220]

Many of Wagner's concepts, including his speculation about dreams, predated their investigation by Sigmund Freud.[221] Wagner had publicly analysed the Oedipus myth before Freud was born in terms of its psychological significance, insisting that incestuous desires are natural and normal, and perceptively exhibiting the relationship between sexuality and anxiety.[222] Georg Groddeck considered the Ring as the first manual of psychoanalysis.[223]

Do you need any more proof? This man and his music dramas are at the height of European culture. He's considered to be equal to Shakespeare and Aeschylus, yet plebs like to pretend they can ignore him.
>>
a highly patrician post anon, good stuff
>>
>>9200690
Thank you, we must spread the word.

If anons aren't moved by this:

https://youtu.be/L44Ml8K_mDg?t=2h18m

O ew'ge Nacht,
süsse Nacht!
Hehr erhabne
Liebesnacht!
Wen du umfangen,
wem du gelacht,
wie wär' ohne Bangen
aus dir er je erwacht?
Nun banne das Bangen,
holder Tod,
sehnend verlangter
Liebestod!
In deinen Armen,
dir geweiht,
urheilig Erwarmen,
von Erwachens Not befreit!
Wie sie fassen,
wie sie lassen,
diese Wonne,
Fern der Sonne,
fern der Tage
Trennungsklage!
Ohne Wähnen
sanftes Sehnen;
ohne Bangen
süss Verlangen;
ohne Wehen
hehr Vergehen;
ohne Schmachten
hold Umnachten;
ohne Meiden,
ohne Scheiden,
traut allein,
ewig heim,
in ungemessnen Räumen
übersel'ges Träumen.

Then you're not ready for true literature.
>>
File: hgxhgxjhxh.png (410KB, 777x407px) Image search: [Google]
hgxhgxjhxh.png
410KB, 777x407px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CNBIJj1CFM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uka8ykFDw2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSC-nv3V_iM
>>
File: Salvador_Dalí_1939.jpg (1MB, 2885x3706px) Image search: [Google]
Salvador_Dalí_1939.jpg
1MB, 2885x3706px
>On the morning of 23 January 1989, while his favorite record of Tristan and Isolde played, Dalí died of heart failure at Figueres at the age of 84.

>mfw he wants to talk about art and doesn't know his Wagner
>>
le ride of the valkyries
>>
>>9200757
why 'le'
>>
File: 1473290969489.jpg (187KB, 969x596px) Image search: [Google]
1473290969489.jpg
187KB, 969x596px
>>9200742

>Dali liked wagner

wew.

>>9200757

Objectively a shit piece - the entire ring cycle isn't fantastic desu.

Wagner isn't the best romantic composer, but I love how the non-resolution of even his quiet, peaceful pieces are more intense than booming classical symphonies.
>>
>>9200972
>Objectively a shit piece
*containing laughter*e-explain

>obviously...its the one most people know... how could I consider myself a hipster if I do not (without thinking or knowing or caring) call the popular thing bad?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLhMuCLEPk
>>
>>9200972
>he posts one of those /pol/ postcards made by that white nationalist blogger of Great Man quotes
>he has incredibly bad taste

I'm seeing a pattern here.
>>
File: 00001111.png (214KB, 477x409px) Image search: [Google]
00001111.png
214KB, 477x409px
>>9200972
>Objectively a shit piece
>>
>>9200627
Reminder that to truly appreciate Wagner you should do years of ear training and learn your theory, counterpoint, melody and harmony.
I'm sure 99% of you guys don't even know how the Tristan Chord should resolve.
>>
>>9201156
Wagner himself disagreed with people like you. You don't need training in theory to get it, Wagner claimed the 'synthesizing intellect' has itself done all it needed to do on the stage and you don't need to intellectualise it. First you experience it as a whole and then you can see how it came together by analysing it apart if you like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.