[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fucking shit! This book went from masterpiece to utter shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Holy fucking shit!
This book went from masterpiece to utter shit in the span of one chapter. How can an Israeli kike have such SJW bias and how did his editor let him get away with it. He literally proposes a biological justification to why patriarchy came to dominate and then literally says "but this isn't convincing, women can do it better." and then spends 20 pages telling the reader about his OPINIONS about why matriarchy makes more sense.
>>
File: 1487960549001.jpg (30KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
1487960549001.jpg
30KB, 366x550px
>recommended by Jared Diamond
>>
>>9199033
Thanks for the headups will not read now
>>
Calm down on your language. Remember to not make threads when you are triggered.

Even tho I can relate a bit to what you are saying.
I will read the book some day as well.

Maybe just skip the bad parts if it is too much for you to handle.
>>
>>9199054
>>9199060

Don't get me wrong: From pages 1 to 119 are pure masterpiece tier. 119 to ~150 are just him throwing a fit about why women are superior. Fucking literally. No scientific or social justification, just opinions and biases. I finished that part (thank god) and I am moving to what's next. I hope it will be as good as everything else.
>>
File: matriarchy.jpg (144KB, 1192x547px) Image search: [Google]
matriarchy.jpg
144KB, 1192x547px
>>9199033
>>
>>9199068
>triggered

I am definitely not triggered, anon. But when a scientific-historical masterpiece just boils down to a baseless tantrum out of nowhere you kind of get disappointed.

I am disappointed not triggered.
>>
>matriarchy can do better
Yet all societies end up being patriarchal for some reason? Something does not add up.
>>
>>9199080
Ok.
But desu.
You did sort of sounded like you were:
>Holy fucking shit!
>utter shit
>kike have such SJW bias
>OPINIONS

But like I said I can relate to things like this:
>when a scientific-historical masterpiece just boils down to a baseless tantrum out of nowhere you kind of get disappointed.

Conformity to political correct opinions is honestly a problem. And conformity in general for that matter.
>>
>>9199071
If this thread lives for a while tell me if it gets any better
>>
A Swedish friend recommended this guy to me and told me every word is genius. I saw him do a talk on globalism vs nationalism and his rationale against nationalist ideology was that global warming exists. wtf? fucking jews.
>>
>>9199080
Isn't Judaism matriarchal? or just matrilineal?
>>
>>9199033
>feeling the need to agree with every single piece of a complex piece non-fiction book
ok. ok. wow. just... ok.

>knowing it's career suicide to present anything, fact or opinion, that opposes the extreme left media/publishing industry, so he throws in some pro-feminism opinions to even it out
>which he might even be right about to a degree, he's a pretty smart guy

ok. ok. wow. just... ok.
>>
>>9199033
If you think a book is good, then take the good parts of it, learn from them, and disregard the bad parts.
You don't have to discredit the entire book just because you don't like 20 pages of it.
Does everyone in the world have to fit into your special box? People have different opinions, even if they are crazy.
>>
>>9199183
>rationale against nationalist ideology was that global warming exists
if anything isolationism is the SOLUTION to global warming

the further you move away from globalism and global capitalism and towards localism and decentralization, the better
>>
>>9199276
isolationism (unless you mean all countries forced) will not stop global trade
>>
>>9199338
Regardless, global warming isn't real and this dude is a smarmy and slimey kike faggot. I do not like the cut of his jib, to be frank.
>>
File: image.jpg (634KB, 2048x1368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
634KB, 2048x1368px
>>9199033
Are you talking about the There is No Justice in History chapter? Cos I don't know what you're on desu

He starts by asking why patriarchal societies are so universal and why men are considered better leaders and then goes thru the 3 most popular explanations and finds them unsatisfying. He then offers his own idea that societies and leaders that value cooperation and good social skills are usually the most successful. He ends the chapter by asking whether perhaps men ARE more cooperative and have better social skills than women but leaves out a decisive answer

Don't remember any part where he explicitly says women are better than men. I think he was just trying to put a new spin on a very old (and tired) debate
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.