[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love him or hate him, you have to admit that Elliot Rodger's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: rodger.jpg (69KB, 654x225px) Image search: [Google]
rodger.jpg
69KB, 654x225px
Love him or hate him, you have to admit that Elliot Rodger's book is absolutely hilarious.

Pic related for one example. It's as funny if not moreso than Confederacy IMO
>>
>>9198391
Excerpt from Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground, circa. 1864.
>>
>>9198391
Confederacy was fictional. This is like if Jim Jones was too autistic and virginal to start a cult and instead decided to throw "wild tantrums" about it. I find it hard to laugh at the Jonestown Death Tapes, although this writing is probably useful to psychology.
>>
>>9198391

>small, cramped room

Wasn't this faggot unbelievably privileged? The only shame about him dying was that he took other people with him.
>>
Yeah there are some very good parts in there. Personally I believe that Rodgers was extremely self aware and wrote the manifesto ironically. He realized the memetic potential inherent in his life, and sacrificed himself. He truly is a saint.
>>
>>9198428
>self aware and wrote the manifesto ironically
Not at all, and that's the best thing about his *manifesto*.
>>
>>9198428
It's way too poorly written to be ironic
>the jackpot commenced
>I proclaimed that it had to be mine
>the universe would finally grant me salvation
>my heart beat like a drum
It reads like something I would have written in 7th grade if I had been even more of an immature child
>>
>>9198474
I refuse to believe anyone could write THAT manifesto unironically. Like the part where he fills up a super soaker and sprays a bunch of young people playing frisbee, or when he spills hot coffee on a couple and then crys in his cars for hours. It's satire.
>>
Best bildungsroman since Joyce's "Portrait" Tbh
>>
>>9198391

>lose my sides reading this
>look it up
>"My Twisted World.pdf"

Oh this gon be gud. There just aren't enough virgin shooter manifestos like these.
>>
>>9198428
let me guess

he shot those people ironically also, right?
>>
>>9198556

sometimes you have to break a couple eggs to live on as a meme forever
>>
>>9198556
It was performance art
>>
>>9198391

People really bill Elliot Rodger all wrong.

He wasn't just some awkward virgin loser. You can tell he wasn't introspective in the least.

He was basically just one or two steps away from being a full fledged chad right down to the way he thought. He obviously had a massive ego and superiority complex. He just didn't have the intelligence to actually make it work for him. Combined with a severe lack of empathy probably due to an absence of proper guidance during formative years.
A classic narcissism profile that went haywire.
>>
>>9198619

>Everyone was assigned to groups of five to share a cabin or a tent. I was originally placed in the group with Charlie, Bryce, and a few others… but that group was given a tent to sleep in.
>I was appalled by how drab and uncomfortable the tents looked. I wanted a cabin. So I went to my teacher and asked to be transferred to a group that was sleeping in a cabin. She placed me in a group of some cool skateboarder kids, including Michael, Sam, Trevor, Matt, and Stephen. I felt a sense of pride to be part of this group.
>During the daytime on this trip, the whole Fifth Grade class participated in games, outdoor activities, nature hikes, and barbeques. It was great fun.
>Nighttime in the cabin was like having a sleepover with five people, and it was a new experience that excited me. Before bedtime, Michael Ray took out a magazine that had pictures of beautiful model women, and all of the boys gathered around and looked at them.
>So… even at the early age of ten, boys were starting to be attracted to the female body. I didn’t
understand this… I hadn’t yet reached that stage. I pretended to be interested just so that I wouldn’t appear uncool. All of those boys probably lost their virginity by sixteen. Damn them.
>The trip ended up being so fun that I didn’t cry at all about being away from my parents
>>
....and they say reddit is worse than 4chin
>>
>>9198619
chads are all extroverted and tough

eliott cries when he hears that someone isn't a virgin
>>
>>9198651

Not really true at all.

Chad's are just narcissists who have learned to manipulate others.
This is exactly what your standard "pickup artist" is and that is essentially the chad's ultimate form.

And Elliot could have achieved this as well if he had just learned to play social situations like the game they are rather than crying and expecting everything to be handed to him.
>>
>>9198689
>>9198651

Chads come in different forms.

Some are the kind of guy who would have the nerve to ask to borrow your room and get offended if you say no even if you both know he'll just trash it and not even bother to clean.

Others will legitimately ask nothing of you that you can't offer and give you lunch on occasion just 'cause they like you.

The jealousy over Chads is fueled by insecurity and its impossible to see good in folks that you feel spiteful toward for being better.
>>
>>9198738
>>9198689

Chad is mainly tall and good looking guys.
>>
>>9198638
This is some serious bildungsroman
>>
>>9198748
It's an archetype that goes beyond physical characteristics. Chad is:
>Tall
>Muscular, good body
>Handsome face
>Extroverted
>Socially popular
>Good with women
>Will have lots of casual sex
>Stereotyped as unintelligent or oblivious
Basically Chad is everything r9k isnt, and is jealous of. Chad as a person isn't real, just a collection of character traits psychically combined from the collective shortcomings of robots
>>
>>9198638
What a pussy. He's the kind of person who'd cry when made It fuck you Thomas from school.

Actual prose is /lit/-tier.
>>
>>9198638
So he was a repressed homo, which is why despite having money and not being deformed he could never get laid, because this repression would undercut his own 'earnest' efforts. Like when you sabotage your own efforts because you're so used to failure, then when you fail you can go "See? I was right about being a failure."
>>
>>9198978
>So he was a repressed homo
Where the fuck did you get that from? In the manifesto he makes it clear he was attracted to women, he would masturbate to fantasies of having a blonde gf
>>
>>9198996
>Where the fuck did you get that from?
The fucking post I replied to you goddamn illiterate. He says he wasn't aroused by his camp friend's nudie mag aka HE'S A QUEEAH
>>
>>9199006

He's around 10 there.
>>
>>9198978
Nah, he was a textbook narcissist.
He wanted to be loved by the best women he could find exactly on his terms (unconditional love, accompanied by extreme popularity, wich has to be based on how cool, smart, insightful and awesome he is).
His ego didn't match his appearances, skill and education, and he never managed to cope with it.
>>
>>9199006
Read the manifesto
>>
>>9199006
>He says he wasn't aroused by his camp friend's nudie mag aka HE'S A QUEEAH
That's pretty normal if you watch lots of TV.
I mean, do you get horny everytime you see a picture of a woman in bikini? That shit is trivial at this point.
>>
>>9198428
7/10 bait, would have been top tier if you didn't go too far with the last sentence
>>
>>9199036
Why would you even consider it a bait? Just retarded opinion desu
>>
>>9199036
>>9199041
What both of you fail to recognize is that the truth of who Elliot Rodgers really was is irrelevant. The way we remember him is all that matters.
>>
>>9199052
The truth of what he was affects how we remember him
>>
>>9199052
That's really nice sandpit postmodernism.
>>
>>9199052

No not really

He was a dangerous criminal

Who he really was is definitely important to psychoanalytic criminology
>>
>>9199090
I'm not interested in psychoanalytic criminology, I'm interested in how we can willfully ignore the actual person and paint a picture of them to be held up as an ideal or an icon. Example: Donald Trump. Who Donald Trump is as a person doesnt matter as much as what he represents.
>>
>>9199117

Well you see the thing is you don't need any person to do that

All you're talking about is an idea or a set of ideas

Adhering to a cult of personality is a highly non intellectual, unsustainable approach to ideological thinking as has been proven throughout history
>>
>>9198544
how fucking underaged/new are you?
>>
>>9198996
Why did they have to be blonde? If you ask me he was trying to compensate for something in the extreme and may have very well been a repressed homosexual. It'd be sad that even in his suicide note he can't admit to it.
>>
>>9199117
But one can still analyse in the reverse. I mean, since we are more or less all in agreement about the fact that Donald Trump exists in the world, we can make guesses about the consequences (taking the form of executive federal policy) of his personality. So "who he is as a person" factors into both his representation and the effects of that representation. For instance it was fairly apparent that Nyýazow would implement laws along the lines of "Dogs are banned because they smell" prior to his accession.
>>
>>9199169
>Why did they have to be blonde?
He was half-chink.
>>
>>9199190
Right, it's like someone told him this is what the stereotypical attractive women is like, this is what you should act attracted to. It wasn't very convincing.
>>
>>9198939
>Stereotyped as unintelligent or oblivious
This is incorrect, Chad is both highly intelligent, corteous, nice and including. He is in all aspects a superior man.
>>
>calls self supreme gentleman
>writes 500 page manifesto to formally prove it
>seeks to kill women in a shooting spree at the age of 20, because prostitution is illegal
>gentleman
>supreme
>supreme gentleman
>what did he mean by this?
>>
File: heero.png (396KB, 1924x1608px) Image search: [Google]
heero.png
396KB, 1924x1608px
>mfw there's a wikiquote page about elliot rodgers
>mfw there's a my twisted world page on goodreads
>>
>>9199210

>because prostitution is illegal

actually he just saw it as demeaning to hire a prostitute
he could have easily gotten one but that would of course mean admitting that was inferior for having to resort to that

he truly believed that women should have been willingly throwing themselves at him
he thought thats what he rightfully deserved and he was being denied it in some bizarre conspiracy against him specifically

its kinda obvious that he was not just desperate but rather a complete nutjob
>>
>>9199268
His parents were wealthy, (and I think dad a film maker?) they should have bought him a mail order bride and told her to pretend like they didnt and that she just bumped into him and fell in love, but film the whole thing to make a hidden reality show
>>
>>9199268
he was just gay anon and couldn't admit to it
>>
>>9199280

But that's not what he wanted. He wanted people to venerate him because he was Elliot Rodger. That's it.
He didn't want cheap sex, nor he wanted a ugly gf, nor he wanted a mail order bride. He wanted absolute veneration on his own, specific, megalomaniac terms.

Hell, look at the passage OP quoted. He felt insulted when he did not win the lottery. That's how entitled he was
>>
>>9198689

Is it possible that some people are just better than you?
>>
>>9199361

Yes of course but there is literally always about a 99.99999% (give or take a few hundred 9s) chance that there is someone better than you so its a fairly meaningless concern to occupy your thoughts with

So In the end all personal struggle should be aimed at either gaining some manner of personal success or helping others
>>
post the bit where he and his friends are in the mall and they see a hot chick and he matter-o-factly explains how they all go into the bathroom to masturbate to the memory of when she walked by them 5 minutes previous
>>
>>9199209
Sometimes there's a stereotype that Chad doesn't know how he is good with women. It's not that he's dumb, he just lacks a self awareness, or can't articulate his success. He just does things, and they work out. The r9k archetype is the opposite, they analyze but they don't do anything. So it's not even that he's oblivious, he just has better things to focus on, like enjoying himself.
>>
I'm actually with the OP. My Twisted World is an unintentional comedy on the level of Springtime For Hitler.
>>
File: 1472256219584s.jpg (5KB, 172x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472256219584s.jpg
5KB, 172x250px
>>9198391

>I raged at the entire world, thrashing at my bed with my wooden practice sword and slashing at the air with my pocket knife

I swear every excerpt I see on here pushes me closer and closer to actually reading this thing. Is it all such high comedy?
>>
I relate to him more than almost any other author
>>
>>9198978
>having money and not being deformed
>enough to get laid

ridiculous
>>
>>9198391
OP ate poop for lunch
>>
>>9200964
No. I read the entire thing. It's tedious as fuck and you get tired of his bullshit really fast. It's just one enormous pity party. Boo hoo I'm a virgin and girls won't fuck me even though I have a fancy car and expensive clothes. Here's another excerpt.

>On the morning of the first day, I donned my fabulous Armani Exchange shirt and put on my new
Gucci sunglasses that my mother gave me. I admired myself in the mirror for a few moments, and began
to feel a surge of enthusiasm. I wanted everyone to see me looking like that. I was hopeful that some
girls would admire me. I said to myself that there was no way I could possibly have trouble with getting
girls now. I stopped by at Starbucks to buy a latte and set off for my college with the confidence that I
would appear as a superior gentleman to all of the students there. I was a superior gentleman. That was
what I was born to be, and it was now time to show it to the world. As I passed by groups of girls, I pretended to
imagine that they secretly adored and wanted me. After all, that was how it was meant to be. The more
I walked around the campus, the more I tried to convince myself that that was the case.
My first class was sociology, and I waited until everyone was seated before I walked in. I came in
through the front entrance so that everyone could look at my fabulous self. To my utter dismay, I saw
that no one turned their head to look at me at all. No girl tilted a head or lifted a pretty little eyebrow at
my approach. After all that effort, I was still being treated like I was invisible.

And

>I didn’t own any suits, but I wore my extravagant Hugo Boss shirt, which I thought looked elegant
enough to walk on the black carpet. As we were lining up for our walk on the black carpet, some dumb
bitch of a security guard had the audacity to question “who the hell are these people”. This made me so
enraged that I almost said “we are people who are more important than you, you ugly cunt”, but
Soumaya’s publicist calmly informed her of our invitation. We then proceeded to walk across the long
black carpet as cameras flashed at us from one side, and a crowd of pathetic fans who reminded me of
sheep cheered from the other side. I felt extremely gratified at walking on the black carpet with father
and Soumaya, and I cockily smiled at all of the stupid fans who had to remain on the side, rubbing it
right in their faces. There were some actors and celebrities on the carpet with us, and the paparazzi
yelled at me a few times to get out of the way as they were taking pictures of some cunt actress. I
discreetly gave those paparazzi pigs my middle finger. Elliot Rodger will not move aside for a stupid,
good-for-nothing, over-glorified actress, whoever the fuck she was. I didn’t see.

He was a spoiled rich kid and a narcissistic piece of shit. Glad he's dead.
>>
>>9201309
>either of those passages
>tedious
The entire thing is a captivating work of art, if you lack the attention span for that, your loss.
>>
>>9198391
>when you live in modern day sodom and don't have faith to help you resist the urge to kill every faggot on the west coast including yourself
>>
>>9201319
Not anyone can write the worst line ever written:

>When we had dinner at a restaurant, I scoffed a big meal and imbibed two glasses of wine to make myself feel better during the rest of our tour.

Pg. 97
>>
>>9201269
Depends on what your standards are but definitely enough to get laid.
>>
>>9201329
Don't worry, Anon, God will sort things out in his own time.
>>
>>9200964
if you didnt read this the day of fuck off back to libbit
>>
>>9199036
get off this website retard
>>
File: Amy_smiles.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Amy_smiles.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>9199006
>homosexuality is real
Stop living in bad faith
>>
>>9201309
>Glad he's dead.
You don't have to virtue signal that hard

>>9199197
This is interesting

Imo he was probably bi.
He may have had homosexual tendencies given his effeminate disposition but to claim that he was full homo seems wrong, as he was obviously able to masturbate to women.

You could make the same claim that he was a repressed nonce, animal-fag, foot-fag, necrophiliac, whatever.. and still get about as far as your argument takes us given that you haven't given any real example of his attraction to men.

The blonde thing isn't that hard to explain. Given that we all fetishise wealth and this is particularly true for e. rodge if you read MTW . It makes sense that he would fixate on the stereotypical californian old-money blonde as his sexual ideal. The same way that if he lived in NY he'd have been attracted to curly haired brunette jews, or if he'd lived in beijing he'd have been attracted to chinks. It's naive to think that what we're aroused by isn't in part transmitted to us by society.
>>
>>9198428
>>9198507
He is the ultimate master troll. Amazing.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.