[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good place to move to and delve into the literary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: nicolas samori confession.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nicolas samori confession.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
What's a good place to move to and delve into the literary life?
Somewhat like Paris or Switzerland used to be
>>
File: BOND-Northern-New-England-2012.gif (23KB, 380x535px) Image search: [Google]
BOND-Northern-New-England-2012.gif
23KB, 380x535px
>>9198123
Northern New England, and Cambridge Mass when you absolutely need a new university book shop.
>>
>>9198123
Bohemianism is dead. Anyone who adheres to the "literary lifestyle" is sacrificing one kind of conformity for another. Whatever you think you're escaping from is something you're actually bringing with you. As soon as you look to construct an ideal to strive for you lose whatever it is that alienates you from society.

Just stop being a faggot
>>
>>9198143
Jesus man, I was just asking a question

>>9198137
Is that where you live? Why don't we start a community of pseuds?
>>
PHILADELPHIA
>>
Yes I live there.

If you are a hipster shit, you live in Burlington or Portland or the greater Amherst/Holyoke region.

If you are an academic there is dartmouth, and boston north/cambridge/harvard square and again Portland, along with small private schools.

If you want a traditional lifestyle there are numerous small new hampshire and upstate maine towns with traditional values and a high level of college grads and tiny book shops.

If you want to be a NEET self sufficient hermit, the wilderness beckons

Also there are basically no niggers outside manchester.
>>
>>9198123
hay on wye
>>
>>9198194
Nice
What about the other part, are you interested in forming a circle of self-obsessed schizoids with an interest in literature?
>>
>>9198202
No, I prefer normies with ethics rooted in 1950s america with passing acceptance of minorities as long as they are not living in my town dragging down the school system and property values.

Thus a small mountain town circling around a non-denominational congregational church and a boutique coffee lounge is much preferable to me.
>>
>>9198219
Fuck, alright then, have a nice one
>>
>literary life
Meaninglessss
If you're refering to wasting your years only reading about life and not experiencing it, you can do it wherever you want.
>>
So is my current life
What I envision is a community of people that are interested in the arts and literature that meet regularly in some nice place and that talk and possibly inspire each other
>>
>>9198202
I'm in. Should I hop on a bus?
>>
>>9199632
You wouldn't want to live where I live. Let's pick a place and time, some nice place with aesthetic value of its own
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.