[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book should I buy for my dad for his birthday? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: dadribbon.gif (88KB, 550x675px) Image search: [Google]
dadribbon.gif
88KB, 550x675px
What book should I buy for my dad for his birthday? He's 49 and is a salesman. He only reads the news nowadays, but he used to read when he was younger. He likes history and documentaries. The birthday is in 2 weeks.

Thanks.
>>
It Can't Happen Here if he's against Trump.
Art of the Deal if he supports him.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (46KB, 274x399px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
46KB, 274x399px
>>
>>9197848
>>
>>9197848
Maybe The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway.

If you want something weirder, try The Trial by Kafka.
>>
>>9197938
kek
>>
>>9197848
I plan on getting David Starkeys "Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII" for myself. If that's the kind of history he's into then that might be an option. It's quite long though (880 pages according to GR), and that can be discouraging for non-frequent readers. If you don't know who Starkey is then I suggest you google "david starkey laurie penny" for some excellent entertainment.
>>
Start with the Greeks.
Herodotus, Thucydides, Xenophon, or Plutarch.
>>
The crying of lot 49
>>
>>9197848
>He likes history and documentaries
You know there are literally millions of books that fit these requirements, right? Jesus Christ. Put your fucking back into it OP.
>>
>>9197848
i'm 45. Take a look at:

1688: A Global History by John E Wills
Redcoat by Richard Holmes
Rubicon by Tom Holland
A Basque History of the World by Mark Kurlanksy
The Edge of the World by Micheal Pye
The Silk Roads by Peter Frankopan

I picked these as well written and not daunting history books from my shelves (24 feet of history or thereabouts).
>>
>>9197848
>salesman
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>9198627
Nice, helpful post
>>
>>9197938
came here to post that.

well played
>>
>>9198627
not op, but this is a great list. thank you!
>>
>>9198635
I hope you bang your forehead off a cupboard corner, dickbrain.
>>
>>9198635
>>9198643
no probs lads
>>9198654
silly boy
>>
>>9198654
I was being sincere. Actually what had actually happened, is I wrote that Dropped comment above, and thought it was too mean to associate with my trip name, so I took my trip off, but if you post with a trip name it auto keeps it there for all your next posts, so I had to make some bullshit post to get that auto mode back, but it was sincere, and now if I do bang my forehead off a cupboard corner and show the authorities this post, do you think thats grounds to suspect foul play?
>>
>>9198958
shut up
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.