[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZ HOaaxUZE&t=420s Nie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZHOaaxUZE&t=420s

Nietzsche loving teenagers need to listen to this. Let's be honest /lit/, what is the real reason you like Nietzsche, is it not to delude yourself into thinking you're somehow the ubermensch?
>>
>a teenager discovers eternal anglo and shitposts on lit
What else is new, anon?
>>
File: orang_male_hand.jpg (134KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
orang_male_hand.jpg
134KB, 1000x667px
>>9194402
Boretrand Russel
>>
>>9194402
>Russell on Nietzsche
kek

I like N. because he is a brilliant thinker. "You only claim Higher Men exist because you believe yourself to be one" is not a substantive critique, anon---well, not of N. at least.
>>
>Friedrich Nietzsche (1844–1900) was a German philosopher of the late 19th century who challenged the foundations of Christianity and traditional morality. He was interested in the enhancement of individual and cultural health, and believed in life, creativity, power, and down-to-earth realities, rather than those situated in a world beyond. Central to his philosophy is the idea of “life-affirmation,” which involves an honest questioning of all doctrines that drain life’s expansive energies, however socially prevalent those views might be. Often referred to as one of the first existentialist philosophers along with Soren Kierkegaard (1813–1855), Nietzsche’s revitalizing philosophy has inspired leading figures in all walks of cultural life, including dancers, poets, novelists, painters, psychologists, philosophers, sociologists and social revolutionaries.
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nietzsche/

You're welcome, OP. Next time try peer-reviewed stuff over the Youtube Recommended videos.
>>
>>9194402
>He fell for the Bertrand Russell history of philosophy meme

Lol you must be new here. Russell's history is well-known to be one of the worst you can possibly read. Stop while you have the chance and he hasn't poisoned your mind too much.
>>
File: 1481422258594.jpg (108KB, 800x702px) Image search: [Google]
1481422258594.jpg
108KB, 800x702px
>Nietzsche's philosophy is all about affirming life by creating value and overcoming, about revering beauty and fighting back edgy nihilistic/pessimistic (ultimately pretentious) sentiments
>The death of god was ultimately to his regret and he criticizes rationalism
>hurr durr he's edgy and appeals to teens and fedoras!

when will this fucking meme end.
>>
>>9194402
unlike you, OP, some people actually read philosophy, and don't just listen to some meme summary and pretend like they know it all
>>
>>9194402
I have only read one work of Nietzsche's, but it seemed to be ridiculous and didn't really provide any evidence for any of its claims. It felt like he was already operating under a lot of assumptions that seem anything but obvious.
>>
>>9194481
you probably read Zarathustra, which does operate on assumptions. 1. The assumption that you knew a little something about continental philosophy, and 2. The assumption that you had read his earlier works, which you obviously didn't if that's the only one
>>
>>9194402
Thx for posting the link OP, pretty neat
>>
>>9194402
You read Nietzsche and you discover his omnipresence-- in rich and poor, competent and incompetent, religious and non-religious. This self-proclaimed visionary, Philosopher of the Future, was the goods, the raw deal, etc. That's one of the reasons why I continue to read him.
>>
>>9194402
One of the worst commentaries on Nietzsche I've ever heard. It's full of conjecture, bias, misinformation, and a fundamental misunderstanding of his philosophy.
>>
>>9194402
Haven't watched your video. The original German version of most of Nietzsche's works is a very entertaining read.
>>
File: 1485856325579.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485856325579.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>9194402
>what is the real reason you like Nietzsche, is it not to delude yourself into thinking you're somehow the ubermensch?
I am a lowly wretch, but Nietzsche's words are weighty for they give significance to suffering and return beauty to the world by restoring dignity to the individual, however small his estate. Even if I should fail in my struggle, I am glad of said ordeal and the affirmation of my mettle.

Russel is a known collectivist-cuck, some cheap compromise between a utilitarian and a hedonist, I can't even imagine how maligned his representation of Nietzsche would be. I skipped to the end and it's all too clear that here is a man who unduly thinks the world can be set to rights by weakness, that we've some perverse ontological imperative to serve a good that means the forfeiture of one's agency. Russel is a coward and a slave.
>>
File: russell history.png (222KB, 1041x521px) Image search: [Google]
russell history.png
222KB, 1041x521px
>>
>>9194402
>Betrand Russel

A LITERAL cuck. He knowingly let other people fucked his wife. Other people knowingly fucked his father's wife (his mother). Who cares what this LITERAL cuck has to say on anything?

>If the Germans succeed in sending an invading army to England we should do best to treat them as visitors, give them quarters and invite the commander and chief to dine with the prime minister."
>t. Russel-cuck

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>9195129
*tips fedora*
>>
>>9195420
but he cheated on his wifes multiple times too
>>
>>9195466
depends which wife

he literally divorced his 2nd wife because she had too many kids from another man

not one

but too many

the man was pathetic
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.