[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Hamlet give Claudius so much shit for being incestuous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hamlet.jpg (288KB, 830x572px) Image search: [Google]
hamlet.jpg
288KB, 830x572px
Why did Hamlet give Claudius so much shit for being incestuous and adulterous when Hamlet was the one who wanted to fuck his own mother?
>>
>>9193269
It's his mom, he have the right to fuck her (in fact you could say that it's a duty of his).
>>
OK Freud. He didn't though. Quit projecting. How come all you psychoanalytic fags turn out to be pervs in the end?
>>
>>9193269
If you read Hamlet and all you got was that he wanted to fuck his mother, you did not read right sire.
>>
ZE SPANISH INQUEZITION!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9193306

This senpai. Hamlet's father told him about his MOTHER's incestuous feelings. Hamlet played on them to try to force her confession.
>>
>>9193269

I don't think Prince Hamlet had an actualizing Oedipus complex, but it's interesting to think that he is mad at his mother because he can't be sure whether 1) his mother was party to the murder 2) the king is his actual father or if Claudius is his father.
>>
>>9193269
For some reason I consider Hamlet to be one of Shakespeare's dullest well known plays
>>
>>9193534
>For some reason

Brilliant argument, m8.
>>
>>9193534
Let me guess, you're one of those "Literally Who English King: Part lX is better than Hamlet, I swear!" people
>>
>>9193573
I said well known
I don't see anything to analyze
>>
>>9193573
Well technically Henry V was THE English King. That said I personally like Hamlet better but Hal and his play aren't as interesting as Hamlet.

Currently I'd say Macbeth is above them both.
>>
>>9193271

This. If anyone's going to have sex with your mother it should be you, OP.
>>
Was it literal incest? Was Claudius actually the Queen's biological brother?

Also, I didn't get any real hints that Hamlet wanted to have incestuous relations with his Mother. Maybe I need to read it again.
>>
>>9193616
After advising her to stop sleeping with Claudius, he pretty much literally tells her that she's welcome to hit him up instead if she gets horny.
>>
>>9193616
According to Biblical law, sexual relations with a sister-in-law is incest.
>>
No, Hamlet symbolizes the Renaissance - the modern man (intelligent, cultured, learned, curious, self-controlled, hesitant to act without forethought). His mom and Claudius symbolize the medieval mind (cruel, callous, lack of empathy, animalistic urges for power).
Begone with your asinine Freudian bull.
>>
>>9193651
I don't think so. Hamlet is cruel, callous, and lacking in empathy. Claudius and his mother don't strike one as being unintelligent or uncultured either. Certainly curious about Hamlet's change of personality.
>>
>>9193695
Medieval: Claudius wants power and kills to get it.
Renaissance: Hamlet wants revenge but doesn't rush into it. He questions himself, he questions everything.
Hamlet is not cruel, he is simply a fish out of water.
>>
>>9193651
Shakespeare's plays do not have that kind of symbolism and you fucking know it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.