[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Writing a short story about a kid touched by the spirit world/magic/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ayy lmao.jpg (294KB, 1700x1388px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
294KB, 1700x1388px
>Writing a short story about a kid touched by the spirit world/magic/ whatever the fuck
>Looks weird.
>Glowing eyes, small horns, tattoos on his skin.
>People are afraid/hate him
>Realize if that's true how the hell did he survive

Should I say this kid just appeared out of nowhere from somewhere or have it that somebody found the kid as a baby and raised him. That one person always being in his corner no matter what?
>>
What? You're not making any sense
>>
>>9193107
It sounds like ALL you have for this story is what your character looks like. That is not a foundation for a story. Take your image conscious self-insert YA genre fiction somewhere else.
>>
>>9193107
>out of nowhere from somewhere

Your book is going to be great.
>>
>>9193107

>somebody found the kid as a baby and raised him

Too similar to Elf or the Jim Carey Grinch movie. Go with the former option. Makes him more mysterious too.
>>
Do the horns symbolize DUDE NOBODY UNDERSTAND ME?
>>
>>9193166
Shut your whore mouth. the 21st century's christmas specials did not invent that.
>>
>>9193180

Name one other story where the main character is a mysterious outsider who was discovered as a child and raised by loving parents.

Protip: Fuck you.
>>
I'd read it if there were sex scenes with the kid and older women.
>>
>>9193202
he didn't even mention older women, lol wtf

your mind is filthy, anon
>>
File: 6ad.jpg (40KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
6ad.jpg
40KB, 499x499px
>>9193107
I too, played Megami Tensei: Nocturne
>>
HELL BOY
>>
>>9193107
>>9193273
>>9193293
>>9193180
about 700 rpgs, including a bunch of demos I forgot the names of.

"I'm a weird space baby that maybe can travel through time, also I have weird hair and spooky eyes"- That's like basic anime rules. There are slice of life anime with this premise for fuck's sake.
>>
File: Nocturne-Conqueror.jpg (2MB, 2128x3124px) Image search: [Google]
Nocturne-Conqueror.jpg
2MB, 2128x3124px
>>9193273
Wasn't Nocturne actually inspired by Nietzsche's philosophy? It's probably more /lit/ than most of what this board reads desu.
>>
>>9193553
Video games inspired by [Insert any philosophers] usually just namedrop a bunch of concepts and play the philosophical concepts straight.

i.e : Xenogears.
>>
>>9193666
Meh, I never played xenogears, but nocturne seemed a bit more subtle about it than your describing. Definitely more worthwhile than whatever OP is working on.
>>
>>9193553
I think SMT has potential to be interesting but it constantly undermines itself by making all the non neutral choices too extreme
>>
>>9193107
i think your best bet with that kind of thing is how you want to show his character. if he's other worldly he's found, if he's sympathetic he's born.

i'd go with the way they do the judge in blood meridian -- find him in the middle of the wilderness somewhere or something. just enough to be uncanny

good luck on your ya novel op
>>
>>9194923
That's why I liked how nocturne does away with the traditional law/neutral/chaos endings. Although, in SMT I the neutral ending basically requires you to kill your old party members and that's sort of the downside to making that choice is your leave a trail of bodies in your wake, I wished they had done some similar things in later games, like make it the utilitarian choice that has some sort of heavy cost to pull off.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.